NGD: PRS Custom 24

What's Hot
Couple of weeks ago I posted about how I was missing my old and trusted Custom 24. http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/141693/missing-my-prs-custom-24

So I bought another one!

This one is a keeper! It's probably the most gorgeous guitar I own!

I also wrote a blog post, in tribute to PRS, as I feel they get a bit of stick for one reason or another.. Pics etc can be found therein..

Shout out to Leon at Wildwire Guitars who gave excellent customer service.

Very happy guy right now, not been this excited about a guitar for years, and I've had some good ones recently!

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    tFB Trader
    that is a smart colour - nice appraisal as well on the link you provided
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do think PRS get a lot of stick. They are clearly MILES ahead in terms of quality control over Gibson. More like Musicman.

If they build some plainer guitars (I'm looking at S2s) I'd be much more interested, but they certainly are unique. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you, both and thanks @guitars4you for reading, I really appreciate that, very kind of you :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    edited November 2018
    Wow that is a great top! I was in the same boat once I sold my CU24. I actually found it for sale recently but spend most of my time playing acoustics now so didn’t bite. I actually used to be too concerned with damaging the 10 top that I stupidly did not play it - all I need is for PRS to release a relic model for the 35th anniversary :-) Enjoy!
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Absolutely beautiful finish. Enjoy her!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I came close to buying one this year.
    I do have a Korean SE version though.

Congrats & enjoy..!
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • Enjoy your new C24. The new Humbuckers are very usable, especially, with the blade switch. The dark colours in the PRS palette really set them apart. Your top looks great without being too blingy, good choice.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts in the blog. You made some very salient points regarding PRS's consistent quality, playability, feel and sound. Glad to know you've found the right instrument.
  • I've developed a bit of a hankering for a PRS lately, and that's not helping me resist! Lovely looking guitar, and great writing too, thanks for posting the link 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I missed my 594.

As nice as the 58 LP I had was it wasn’t as good so I went back as well.

Lovely looking guitar though.

• Thank you, all, I really appreciate the kind words. Ive been playing it all night tonight and it just reminds me how good my old one was and how much Ive missed it! What an amazing guitar!

• LogieLogie Frets: 443
    edited November 2018
    I'm on the lookout for a used one at the mo as I do I miss my old Custom 24. I've got the usual Les Paul, Tele, Strat threesome but I love the W/T necks on the PRS and I'll probably end up replacing the Gibson with a nice 24. They do get a bit of a bashing sometimes due to the Dentists guitar jokes etc. but they just play so great.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
    Just read the blog and I do love a happy ending. 

A fabulous tale of man and guitar in perfect harmony. Now don’t be a muppet this time and keep hold of this one ;)
  • Logie said:
    I'm on the lookout for a used one at the mo as I do I miss my old Custom 24. I've got the usual Les Paul, Tele, Strat threesome but I love the W/T necks on the PRS and I'll probably end up replacing the Gibson with a nice 24. They do get a bit of a bashing sometimes due to the Dentists guitar jokes etc. but they just play so great.
    They really do play great, absolutely spot on. It's the one I used to pick up all the time and it's the pick of the bunch now, and that's saying something, especially after the haul I've had this year - they're all great, but this is special!

dazzajl said:
    Just read the blog and I do love a happy ending. 

A fabulous tale of man and guitar in perfect harmony. Now don’t be a muppet this time and keep hold of this one ;)
    Haha, thanks so much for reading. It's a labour of love as I love guitars, talking about them and writing. But fact of the matter is, it's hard to get a readership. So am thankful for all the readers I get, and the kind compliment goes a long way! Thank you!

And yes, You're absolutely right! it really does serve me right and this guitar isn't going anywhere! :-)

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • gringopig said:
    Lovely guitar! I recently got a PRS second hand and love it. I'm going to keep an eye out for the 2019 Paul's guitar...
    I'd like one in that finish.
    I noticed, mate, congratulations! Yours looks superb. The more I play this the more I want another PRS...Tremonti maybe! ha.