need Fender Dual Pot - struggling to find a UK stockist - any recommendations?

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
edited November 2018 in Guitar
Fender Dual 500k/250k Split Shaft Pot - 099-0847-000 needed  ( or decent equivalent ) for HSS strat build .. any UK stockists ?

cheers in advance 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12344
    Tried Fender themselves? 

https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/contact-us
  • boogieman said:
    Good call  and have mailed them , tend to come to forum as get answers faster n without any bias .. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72204
    What's it to do - tone or volume? There are simple ways of wiring a HSS with standard pots and a resistor or two to give the correct loadings.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It’s vol with an bridge HB  n two singles - my experiences with a SD JB wired in on 250k are too dark in an MM Silo Special n my Shawbucker strat with a dual pot works really well . 
    All you need is a 500K pot and a 470K resistor to lower the effective resistance when the single coils are selected.

If it has a single tone control you can also use another resistor and a second cap to give 500K/.022uF for the humbucker and 250K/.047uF for the single coils.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    All you need is a 500K pot and a 470K resistor to lower the effective resistance when the single coils are selected.

If it has a single tone control you can also use another resistor and a second cap to give 500K/.022uF for the humbucker and 250K/.047uF for the single coils.
    Any wiring diagram sites that illustrate this ? 

Cheers btw 
    I don't know, but it's very simple. Are you using one tone control or two?

• MM is single tone pot
    JMP220478 said:
    MM is single tone pot
    OK, so you just wire it like a normal VT Strat circuit with two 500K pots and a .022uF tone cap. This uses only one side of the selector switch.

Connect the two switch rotors together as you would on a normal Strat. Then on the second side of the switch, connect the neck and middle terminals together, connect a 470K resistor to ground from there, and another 470K resistor in series with a 0.022uF cap to ground.