Other forums (UK musicians not just guitar)

What's Hot
nickpnickp Frets: 183
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is the busiest bit of the forum :)

Is there another good forum (in addition to this one) or FB page for UK amateur misicians to hang and chat?  The main reason is that it looks like my band is starting to come apart at the seams (I blame the stitching) and I looking for somewhere to post about getting a regular jam/whatever outfit going but maybe a bit more varied than 20 guitarists and a blues progression :)  

that might mean inviting strange types - such as keyboard players, honkers and parpers, you get the idea

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Try putting ads in join my band, they allow non guitarists to take part there, crazy I know. ;-)

You'll need to 'kiss a lot of frogs' by meeting all kinds of nutters and people with aspirations way beyond thier talents as well as general time wasters. But the're are good people out there and over time you can build up contacts that will serve you well in the future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Agreed - Join My Band is probably the best, although as ESBlonde says there are a lot of interesting individuals on there, but I have found some very nice genuine people. Best advise is to have a good long telephone chat with any prospective musician. Have a list of questions, and listen very carefully to what they say and don't say
  • JMB or look on Facebook for a local group ( Milton Keynes Musos or Guildford Giggers or whatever). 
    When I've had people respond to me on JMB they usually said they hadn't advertised themselves as they didn't want to sort through the nutters. So, if you are prepared to ignore the crazy people you should put your own as on as well as sifting through what's there. 
    Not sure there is much of a drummer forum but there is basschat. IIRC they charge for ads but not the Personel ones. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Basschat is good for bassists. Bear in mind that they have a similar attitude to people contributing to the community as thefretboard does. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Basschat is good for bassists. Bear in mind that they have a similar attitude to people contributing to the community as thefretboard does. 
     I had my ads replied to but I had to answer a few sarcastic comments through gritted teeth. Have now given ESblonde a wis for use of 'kiss a lot of frogs' as that applies everywhere. If you're lucky not many frogs. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    I’ve found and been in 3 very fun bands through that site. 

You just have have to wait for the right people.