SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Jackson Soloist USA or ESP M2/ Horizon

What's Hot
I've finally traded my Custom Shop strat so that I could fund a shredder guitar, and top of my lists are the Jackson Soloist USA and ESP.

I've been listening to a lot of Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, and Iron Maiden so I'm looking at getting those sort of tones. I would prefer a Floyd, but non-recessed. Pickup wise, I'd prefer HH, but as long as I have a humbucker in the bridge I'll be alright. I have a Seymour Duncan JB in my parts box so can always swap pickups.

I've never really played a shredder like those so it will be a new experience with a learning curve, for sure :)

Jackson or ESP?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Consider ibanez as well.

I have a JS series for sale, and a premium s series with EMGs if your interestes
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    What sort of budget are you considering?
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 321
    somewhere mid 1000 - 2000 :)

I have the money for the right guitar, but I would like to keep this around £1300 at most, but can go higher if the guitar is the right one for me
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    Ok ill send a pm
  • There was an amazing Horizon on here a few weeks back! Try searching and sorting by date.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 445
    You can buy my Jackson USA Soloist, early 90s, mint condition, Eerie Dess finish and loaded with Duncans. Floyd as requested. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you all for your help, I managed to find a real nice Jackson so I'll post some pics when I get it.
    Sale fell through, so I’m still looking 
  • trevAtrevA Frets: 42
    I have an ESP horizon hrf fr bk 2012. If you google it the actual guitar is shown on 'soundaffectspremier' website which is where I got it. A recent sale fell through on reverb so I was going to keep it and swap pick ups.
  • I have an ESP E-II Horizon QM FR RDB (Reindeer blue) for sale.  It is as new condition and has been professionally set-up and fret-dressed.  It also benefits from upgrades: a Tremol-No fitted and a coil-tap which is a push-push on the tone knob.  I advertised it on Gumtree yesterday and will probably advertise it on this site when I get a chance.  
  • I have an original 96 Solist Custom in Black ... from the good old days when Grover ran the workshop.
    its been in my ‘keep forever’ list, but I’m more of a Les Paul guy these days.
    HH in black with EMGs.

Any pics of your Jackson doctorpaul? I was just about to buy a Jackson from a member here but he pulled it at the last minute :( So I'm still looking:

Really set on a Jackson or ESP m-2, but want strat style body, Floyd Rose, a preferably HH, but any combination will do.
    Budget is £1200. 
    3 Jackson slipped through my fingers in 1 day! Everybody wants payment first and then they'll check when the guitar can be delivered? Is this the new norm of guitar sales in the UK?

I have been wanting a superstrat forever, and I sold my Fender Custom Shop Strat and since then, all of them are either refusing to sell it and ship it, or require payment first before they can tell me how long or when guitar can be delivered. Absolutely none for sale in London.

If you can help a brother out, please do, as it seems I really need some help with buying a Jackson/ ESP
    Thank you but I'm looking for a classic soloist, with the shark fin inlays
    Update. so I found one on userguitars.co.uk and it turned out to be a scam. Have been waiting for 10 days now but I've finally got my money back. Guess I was not meant to have a shredder
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 693
    There's a 1990 USA Soloist at the Little Guitar Shop: http://thelittleguitarshop.com/more-tasty-guitars.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you @Darryl_Morris. That one looks great and I could not find this shop by googling. I shall enquire 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833

Having grown up on Jacksons, I totally get the appeal, but if you can broaden your horizons in terms of the name on the headstock, this is the best shredder I've ever played, and may well reconsider selling it:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/140831/withdrawn-patrick-eggle-phil-norsworthy-custom-superstrat-guitar-soloist-style-made-in-uk#latest

• darrenpdarrenp Frets: 116

@Hydra19, did you find what you were looking for?

I have an early (1998), pre-Fender, USA Jackson PC1 finished in solar and also a Japanese PC3 in chlorine blue, which I'm thinking about moving on.

Drop me a PM if either are of any interest.