Buying on Reverb from Europe

What's Hot
BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
Hi Folks

I’ve never purchased on Reverb before so sorry if these are stupid questions! 

How does it work when the seller is in Europe (in this case Sweden)

The price I see on Reverb is in GBP - so is the price I see what I will actually pay, or is it converted from EUR and I’ll be at the mercy of the exchange rate? 

Also am I right in saying I won’t be charged any import fees/duty if I’m buying from an EU country? 

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14224
    tFB Trader
    no import cost at all as part of the EU

cant help on the exchange rate but should expect the UK £ price you see to be the price 

@iain.reverb should be able to advise
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Thanks matey. Thought as much on the import charge but wanted to make sure I wasn’t being thick!!  =)
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Should cost you just a you see in GBP. I bought a guitar in Sweden beit on ebay and it was delivered in 48 hrs and I just paid as I expected. No funny aftershocks. Most Swedes speak great English too so the whole experience was a pleasure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5417
    edited November 2018
    You do actually pay in the currency of the seller. It warns you of this when you make an offer or check out - so depending on your bank/card fees etc the price may not be exact. Of course PayPal can convert for you but it’s not always the most advantageous rate... lots of credit cards out there don’t charge extra for forex transactions so helpful if you have one of those. 
    Thanks, when I went to make an offer I saw the message, so yes I will pay in EUR and be at the mercy of Paypal's exchange rate! 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited November 2018
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Thanks, when I went to make an offer I saw the message, so yes I will pay in EUR and be at the mercy of Paypal's exchange rate! 
    Not necessarily Paypal since Reverb have introduced 'Reverb Payments' as an alternative. Depends what the seller has configured in his shop settings.
    Thanks all. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    If the price is into the thousands, PayPal conversion rate is very poor compared to a bank rate and charge. I saved 150€ paying via bank transfer to a trusted regular on the FB. I don’t know how Reverb works when it comes to paying. 
    Thanks all sorted, I didn’t buy in the end anyhow!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22786
    I've only made one Reverb guitar purchase, from the USA not Europe, and I was able to pay by credit card - presumably with the same exchange rate as I'd have got on any other transaction that day.
  • Interesting thread.

If I can ask @Whitecat a question?

I've seen a Guitar on Reverb and the seller is Music Produktiv, it is listed on Reverb in £'s, so I assume from your comment that even though this is so, it will still be sold in Euros due to that shop being in Germany?

Also, that Guitar is listed cheaper on Reverb than is actually is on Music Produktiv. I'm not used to Reverb so how is this price difference explained?

Cheers.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.