2»

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    DB1 said:
    Wonderful work all round. It looks superb, and is tickling my fancy. So to speak. I have a couple of my older guitars with @SteveRobinson at the moment, and I'm thinking that that was a wise decision. 
    I'm picking a couple up from Steve next week including that Custom Shop wine red Brydland - Might be taking it to Aintree to list at a special price

You don't happen to have a 1959 ES225 in your collection do you - pref with trapeze + wood bridge, or Bigsby, so not the wrapover bridge version ?????????????????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefan said:
    Occasionally I seriously wish I wasn't left-handed, that guitar looks wonderful and is a credit to all concerned.  If I was right handed it would already be mine.
    must be mightily frustrating for you regarding many guitars, in that you can look but not touch/own
    Actually in general not really, got over it a long time ago.  I'm past the most flame etc phase, it's just the rare occasions like this when you see something off the scale and think "aah, bollocks" :)
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    DB1 said:
    Wonderful work all round. It looks superb, and is tickling my fancy. So to speak. I have a couple of my older guitars with @SteveRobinson at the moment, and I'm thinking that that was a wise decision. 
    I'm picking a couple up from Steve next week including that Custom Shop wine red Brydland - Might be taking it to Aintree to list at a special price

You don't happen to have a 1959 ES225 in your collection do you - pref with trapeze + wood bridge, or Bigsby, so not the wrapover bridge version ?????????????????
    I did have a '59 ES-225 up until about a month ago! Lord, it was beautiful. Mike at @ATB_Guitars had one in very briefly a few days ago, and it came and went before my 'stupid-o-meter' could get up to speed, and make a rash decision. It would been a good decision, guitar-wise, but maybe not so much divorce-wise.  I'll keep my eyes open though. 

Call me Dave.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    gringopig said:
    clarkefan said:
    Occasionally I seriously wish I wasn't left-handed, that guitar looks wonderful and is a credit to all concerned.  If I was right handed it would already be mine.

Nobody wants knobs sticking in them, though, do they?
    tFB Trader
    SOLD - To one very lucky owner - Collecting it on Saturday - Thanks for the posting and comments guys
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    DB1 said:

I have a '59 225, but it has the original wrapover tailpiece. I got it recently to A/B with my 125T. I prefer the sound of the 225 but I prefer to play the 125T.
    tFB Trader
    JezWynd said:
    DB1 said:

I have a '59 225, but it has the original wrapover tailpiece. I got it recently to A/B with my 125T. I prefer the sound of the 225 but I prefer to play the 125T.
    I'm not in need of one, but will consider the right one when it comes along - I was born in 59 - I know I can straight swap a better compensated wrapover if required, but prefer one with the 'floating rosewood' bridge and pref the Bigsby - I've seen a nice one in the USA but CITES makes you leave it alone - Think ATB had one recently - so I will be patient
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    That actually looks good value, great job there guys. Nice to see a vintage ad with transparency and honest instead of speculative cryptic conjecture! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    JezWynd said:
    DB1 said:

I'm not in need of one, but will consider the right one when it comes along - I was born in 59 - I know I can straight swap a better compensated wrapover if required, but prefer one with the 'floating rosewood' bridge and pref the Bigsby - I've seen a nice one in the USA but CITES makes you leave it alone - Think ATB had one recently - so I will be patient
    There's a very clean '56 Blonde single pu on eBay atm. Must resist...
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    That actually looks good value, great job there guys. Nice to see a vintage ad with transparency and honest instead of speculative cryptic conjecture! 
    thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    I've got a 225

But it's from 1957

and has the wrapover
    I see its sold, congrats. Someone will be getting a guitar for life there.
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    I know it is always  a matter of taste/opinion but mine is that it is a treat to play - I've given it a final play before it leaves me on Sat, and I questioned my thought process - But business before pleasure

the work done by Steve has made it perform as required
    Strat54 said:
    I know it is always  a matter of taste/opinion but mine is that it is a treat to play - I've given it a final play before it leaves me on Sat, and I questioned my thought process - But business before pleasure

the work done by Steve has made it perform as required
    Yeah, I felt the same when I sold my '66 E-type for £7k in 1987.......  :'(