NBD

I was awoken by a man knockming upon my door, wanting to give me a few boxes.

One was this.  

Oooer, said I. 

Bargain! Spent the afternoon sanding the body down.   

The neck is already finished! I was debating on sanding back and using tinted Wudtone, because I think a deeper, darker hue would go better with the super black look I'm going for, but I'll decide after I've done the body.  Which will be black.

With a which outlined ply plate, black pickup, and crhome hardware elsewhere, should look neat.  Could sit in a rock band or a funk one :D 

Now, I'm off to get hammered and use these. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 9119
    always a fun game to play with the parents
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 15080
    I hope to be receiving a similar package, from the same sender tomorrow ... 

Thinking about my finishing options.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 922
    Nice.
    Black headstock too?
                                                                                                                                                   My 'Guitar diaries' on BandCamp
                                                                                                                                                            My Soundcloud stream

• steamabacus;214272" said:
    Nice.

Black headstock too?
    If I sand the finish back, yes. And I probably will, but it's got a decal on that looks nice... And is black.
    TTony;214266" said:
    I hope to be receiving a similar package, from the same sender tomorrow ... 

Thinking about my finishing options.
    I finished with a Jimmy Saville card.

Wait, you mean gsp?

Yeah, I'm using wudtone because it's home friendly. Need to get some sandpaper though.
  • Nice. 
    Was it a private sale or did it come from a dealer?
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 1160
    The neck will not take Wudtone as it's finished with either AC or Le Tonkinois not sure what one as it was over 5 years ago that I finish it.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1117
    Very nice project, and a great deal too.

Looking forward to the ensuing thread, as always !

It will be a fantastic bass once completed, good luck  :)

• GSPBASSES;214858" said:
    The neck will not take Wudtone as it's finished with either AC or Le Tonkinois not sure what one as it was over 5 years ago that I finish it.
    Cool, after spending some time on it, I really like the finish it has - very smooth, and not sticky so I wasn't going to bother anyway.

Anyway, updates to come sometime next week prolly :)