Any Blackberry Smoke fans out there ?

What's Hot
I ask as I saw them last night at the Bristol O2. I've seen them a few times now and they are consistently superb. Charlie Starr especially is a really tasteful player with some gorgeous gear. He can sing a bit too.

If you like the country side of rock and haven't heard of them then please check them out, their live album 'Leave a Scar' is a great place to start.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    Terrific band. I’ve seen them a couple of times at Manchester Academy and they always deliver. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12340
    I'm going to see them tomorrow night in southampton, had never heard of them until a recommendation on here.  Really looking forward to it.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Saw them in Belfast last week and Dublin last year.

Awesome live band who are rapidly becoming one of my favourite bands full stop.

Excellent gearheads too. Charlie in particular has some tasty stuff. 
  • munckee said:
    I'm going to see them tomorrow night in southampton, had never heard of them until a recommendation on here.  Really looking forward to it.
    I'm actually tempted to see them again, Southampton is only about 80 mins from me by car - hmmmmmm 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6791
    Saw them in Birmingham at the weekend for the fourth time. I like the mix of country and rock, and was surprised his sound is all from Marshall style amps. I liked the Come Together cover they did as well. Great band, though Charlie Starr is the main man.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    mrkb said:
    Great band, though Charlie Starr is the main man.
    Paul Jackson’s vocal harmonies and non-stop smiling make him a close second. 
  • StefB said:
    mrkb said:
    Great band, though Charlie Starr is the main man.
    Paul Jackson’s vocal harmonies and non-stop smiling make him a close second. 
    Haha yes noticed during the gig as he literally grinned solidly for 90 minutes. He didn’t seem like he was faking it either, just someone really enjoying himself. Charlie comes across as a very decent guy in interviews and the core band have had the same line up since 2000 so I’m assuming they get on.
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    Love Blackberry Smoke, never managed to see them live. Leave a Scar is almost permanently on in the car!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    Saw them at Rambling Man festival this year. Very, very impressed, they were shit hot 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Am at the gig right now  fair to say missus munckee not loving the support band : )
  • munckee said:
    Am at the gig right now  fair to say missus munckee not loving the support band : )
    Junkyard ?  Yeah first few songs the lead singer scared the life out of me (we were near front), they grow on you though !
    I really liked them introspective self loathing. Right up my street!
    Well Blackberry smoke were outstanding, missus munckee was not at all well yesterday (so much so @DrCornelius nearly had a ticket at one point!)   so we didn't stay to the end which was a real shame but she really liked them too.  Although she asked why he had to keep changing guitars, was it to show them off....

Great playing Charlie Starr is very charismatic, loved it.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Great band and great guys too. Charlie is a monster player and loves vintage guitars. He had his '56 Junior & '63 Esquire with him as well as a CS ES345, B bender Tele and EchoPark guitar. Amps are Germino 50w and an EchoPark. He has a load more tasty morsels back at home. I went up to the gig in Brum on Saturday and took Charlie a couple of guitars to try and he used my '56 TV Model during the gig. 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    Great band and great guys too. Charlie is a monster player and loves vintage guitars. He had his '56 Junior & '63 Esquire with him as well as a CS ES345, B bender Tele and EchoPark guitar. Amps are Germino 50w and an EchoPark. He has a load more tasty morsels back at home. I went up to the gig in Brum on Saturday and took Charlie a couple of guitars to try and he used my '56 TV Model during the gig. 

Seriously if I could have given you more than one wow I would have done. Well played