TV angler John Wilson

What's Hot
I don't know how many Fretboard members might dabble in a bit of angling but today's sad news is that angling TV presenter John Wilson passed away earlier today at his Thailand home. John always managed to inject interest and humour into an otherwise fairly dull subject to make his programmes entertaining, even for non-anglers. A shame to lose him. RIP.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited November 2018
    Don't fish myself, but recognised the face when I googled him, probably from Angling Times when I lived with a couple of mates who were into carp fishing.

They were always taking the piss out of a video they'd watchz shouting "Four ounces short of the magical twenty - well done Mr Skoyles, sir!"
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Still have some of his video's in a box somewhere - Top bloke.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    My cousin used to play in a band called "Steady Wilson", named after him and what he used to say to himself when reeling in a big one... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sad to hear of his passing. He was a character and have a couple of his annuals somewhere in the loft. 

My favourite fisherman by a LONG way is Graeme Pullen from TA Fishing (YouTube). If you fish I’m sure you know of him, if not check him out - he is superb. He’s an older fella, shares massive knowledge etc, he’s seen it, done it, fallen in AND caught the proverbial kitchen sink ! 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    That's a shame, I learned so much from his programmes.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    later day Jack Hargreaves
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Dominic said:
    later day Jack Hargreaves
    Jack Hargreaves. Do you know I'd forgotten all about him. A wonderful man with an infectious enthusiasm for all things 'Out Of Town'. You're right Dominic, John Wilson had many of Jack's qualities :)
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    Hello we’re in! Sad news - I used to get up early and watch his programmes as a lad.
    Previously known as stevebrum