NGD - OM

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
Don't see enough Acoustic NGD's, so though the thread needed this lovely thing sharing! 

Got it a few weeks back, but was too busy playing it. It is so so good. Adirondack top, Honduran Rosewood back and sides. Considered to be very like Brazilian in tone, and quite unusual on a Collings as it goes. Just does everything amazingly well, and the Collings build standards, well blimey don't know how they do it...

It's full (and slightly ridiculous) title is a Collings OM2-HHRASB. The latter bit meaning Herringbone, Honduran Rosewood, Adriondack, Sun Burst.

Got a few initial set up tweaks done by the amazing Ricky Claffey up here in Glasgow (check his website http://claffeyguitars.com , incredible luthier), and it really is playing like a dream.

And with it's mate, a Collings D3. Which is a total cannon, really about twice as loud as any acoustic have ever played...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2348
    wow :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483

schweeet. I've played a couple of collings, one was a real banjo killer, with a real sweet tone.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Lovely stuff
  • wordywordy Frets: 67
    woweee.  Beautiful back and neck too.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Veeeerrrry nice!
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    Cheers guys! :)

I am totally in love with the Collings neck profiles. If you haven't tried them, check one out if you come across it in a store. They are a Mod V, but not like the really huge ones that the higher end Martin's have. Sold a few nice Martin's because of that neck, it is a beast... The Collings one is just nicely palm filling and the V much softer. 
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Gorgeous  :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Sunburst OMs looking fabulous. A neighbour has Martin which I want him to lend to me forever. That is a really lovely guitar.
  • xwoozorxwoozor Frets: 6
    Lovely guitars.  Never played a collings.  No where local dammit!

Have you got a youtube channel would like to hear both of them in action :)
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    Cheers! :) 

Just found the Youtube clip (below) from the place I bought the D3 from, hopefully give you an idea. Not really got any recording gear myself. Always had great experiences dealing with Fellowship of Acoustics in the past btw, would highly recommend and they have some incredible stock.

Second half is a bit better from 1:20 onward, gives a good feel of how the guitar sounds, and it is genuinely getting better and better each week.

• love your new guitar days Cloud9

• Wow.

One day (probably 50th birthday at this rate) I really want an acoustic from someone like Collings, Bourgeois, etc.