Did you relalise Gregor Hilden had moved?

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
edited November 2018 in Guitar
...nor did I, but to be fair I got fed up with hearing the same sound for every demo years ago. Anyway, accidentally clicked on a latest and saw his positioning was different than I remembered so I do a bit of hunting and it seems he moved from previous flat to new(er) one between 22nd Nov 2016 and Dec 1st 2016.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Hey, Gregor is absolute proof that tone is in the hands of the player, not the guitar. :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    No wonder with the amount of guitars he sells, they are always on the pricey side but boy does he sell them fast. I'd say he sells as many Custom Shop as a decent size dealer with a shop over here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited November 2018
    Gregor has a girlfriend which may account for it ... his new place looks less like his former 'man pad' and more like a home .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Does he still have the mic teddy or did it keep the other flat in the settlement?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Whitecat said:
    Hey, Gregor is absolute proof that tone is in the hands of the player, not the guitar. :) 
    Damn straight and I could not face another one of his videos *snore*.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe said:
    ...nor did I, but to be fair I got fed up with hearing the same sound for every demo years ago. Anyway, accidentally clicked on a latest and saw his positioning was different than I remembered so I do a bit of hunting and it seems he moved from previous flat to new(er) one between 22nd Nov 2016 and Dec 1st 2016.

Id have thought at the prices he charges, its probably a 5 bed detached and not a flat!

• Whitecat said:
    Also proof that certain kinds of "good taste" can turn into a cul-de-sac.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I find it harsh that he is demo-ing guitars but gets judged for his artistry but like everyone else I am equally bored and surprised that he can make every guitar sound the same.

Having said that, my wife doesn't make any distinction between guitars when I play my "collection" - the speed with which she exits the room is always the same.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    He would sway me.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    jellyroll said:

Having said that, my wife doesn't make any distinction between guitars when I play my "collection" - the speed with which she exits the room is always the same.

The dog is my yardstick, as the wife largely ignores whatever I do.  If he stays in the room I tend to assume it's acceptable.

Still not sure what to make of when I was paying with a TS mini, though, and he started howling.  Didn't leave the room, didn't even get up, just lay on the floor and howled whenever I hit certain notes/bends. Never worked out if he was joining in or protesting ...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Is the mic-stand teddy still in use? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited November 2018
    57Deluxe said:
    I do a bit of hunting and it seems he moved from previous flat to new(er) one between 22nd Nov 2016 and Dec 1st 2016.

If he started making videos as soon as he moved in, we could literally be watching paint dry.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^^

Yes

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Snags said:
    ^^

Yes

yay for tone-teddy 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I’m guessing by the thread title that you’re stalking him?
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    this thread is priceless, we have now reached a point where the living quarters and relationship stauts of a demonstrator and purveyor of guitars is a topic of interest...f brilliant
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I'm just desperately avoiding work. And, you know, there's the teddy thing.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    He's a great player but I have to admit whatever he plays sounds the same no matter what guitar it is. It does invoke sleep.

One day he will shock us all by standing up, slinging the guitar low and letting rip. Although I don't actually believe that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    @snags both reason enough in my  book. TBH these threads make the FB what it is
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    I can't be 100% certain but I think he has the same sofa as me