Heistercamp's new 'Catalyst' straps

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
Mine arrived today (ordered yesterday from Mansons who seem to be the only retail outlet currently (Heistercamp don't sell them direct like they do with the rest of their stuff) - really pleased with it. The usual gorgeous-smelling Heistercamp full grain leather with their nifty new ingenious 'straplock' design.

I'd wondered if the double tabs would be hard to get onto a standard strap pin but they go on just fine and it feels very secure.

Thumbs up

https://www.mansons.co.uk/categories/heistercamp-933  (I might have bought their last brown one)  
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good idea. Might have to get one for my new guitar when it arrives :) What colour is yours @TimmyO ;
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Brown 
    Red ones are better. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited November 2018
    TimmyO said:
    Brown 
    Nice. I would've chosen that too. I'hh get one in the new year or put it on the Xmas pressie list for me
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Looks good.  How wide is it?  Manson's website doesn't say.
  • crunchman said:
    Also I can only see it in black on the website 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    crunchman said:
    yeah I think I got the last brown one - but when I spoke to Heistercamp originally they said they were sending them new stock soon - might be worth emailing Mansons 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Added to my xmas wish list, they look great!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I’m a recent convert to the Heistercamp range having bought one a last week (they had 15% off so it made sense)  everything I had read about the quality is true so this new range look like they are worth a try and I’ll need a new strap for an incoming NGD at the weekend.  
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1936
    edited August 2020
    TimmyO said:
    crunchman said:
    yeah I think I got the last brown one - but when I spoke to Heistercamp originally they said they were sending them new stock soon - might be worth emailing Mansons 
    How wide are these straps? Also what's the safety feature to stop your guitar hitting the floor? Looks like a double end on them. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    Cool idea. If you look at the back of the box here, it appears the two 'openings' are cut with the slit in opposite directions. I imagine that in itself is the clever part, which stops the possibility of one 'slit' (is there a better word for that?) riding up over the strap button.

The Heistercamp site lists some other dealers in the UK, including Windmill and ATB Guitars: https://www.heistercamp.co.uk/product/catalyst/ - they appear to have some in stock atm.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2020
    Yup. But how wide are they. It's important if you have a heavy guitar. I suspect they're less than 2 inch wide but it is just a guess. A 2.5 inch wide would be great for a heavy LP. Nice looking guitar straps nevertheless. Think I'll get one. Like guitars, you can never have too many guitar straps. And they are a UK company. 

Ian

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited August 2020
    Since the OP was in 2018, does the self locking thing on these hold up long term? I have to take the strap off every time I put my SG in the case so would worry about them loosening up over time and slipping. If it works well it saves having to make sure I don't misplace my grolsch washers!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794
    I’ve got two, but have ended up fitting straplocks to them, so cut off the second flap. I like the length adjustment mechanism , soft leather and the price.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    edited August 2020 tFB Trader
    Cheers @jhumber for the shoutout  - as per my post elsewhere I can do free P&P on Heistercamp straps for any TFB member
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    Don't seem to be able to get an answer to this. How wide are they?

Ian

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Do these have a rough suede-like finish on one side or are they smooth (slippery) leather on both sides?
    tFB Trader
    @Devil#20 @Jeremiah I'll post dimensions and pics of one in the morning. Cheers Simon 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794
    They are 50mm wide
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    @Jeremiah - some pics of the inside of the Catalyst strap - they are rougher on the inside. 
    Cheers Simon ;