Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2353

Looks like a nice bit of kit - effectively a solid state, programmable Fryette Power Station with MIDI and some effects built in.

I shudder to think how much it will cost though.  Any amp type product from Boss with the word Waza attached seems to involve a comical price tag.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    Yeah, feature set looks great but ultimately the proof in the pudding and historically BOSS hasn't always delivered in that department. I'd think this will have to be quite a bit cheaper than the UA OX to be a serious contender.

On paper it already does have a few benefits over the OX though, including a proper IEC power connection, more rig slots, higher wattage, etc.
    StefB said:

Sorry, just spotted your other thread @Musicman20...
  • StefB said:
    StefB said:

Sorry, just spotted your other thread @Musicman20...
    No worries!!!!!
  • susbemol said:
    Yeah, feature set looks great but ultimately the proof in the pudding and historically BOSS hasn't always delivered in that department. I'd think this will have to be quite a bit cheaper than the UA OX to be a serious contender.

On paper it already does have a few benefits over the OX though, including a proper IEC power connection, more rig slots, higher wattage, etc.
    Yup. Potentially really good, and hopefully positioned similarly to the ES8 etc, as a fully featured, sensible price option compared with the big boutique boys
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemol said:

...higher wattage, etc.
    Don't forget that it's got a solid state power amp, as opposed to the valve power stage in the Fryette version.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2018
    susbemol said:

...higher wattage, etc.
    Don't forget that it's got a solid state power amp, as opposed to the valve power stage in the Fryette version.
    I was talking about the fact that the BOSS unit supports amps of up to 150w but it looks like the OX is actually exactly the same (I was under the impression is was up to 100w).
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    susbemol said:

...higher wattage, etc.
    Same As the Toroedo Reload which is brilliant. You still get the spongeyness of the power amp compression 
    Red ones are better. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited November 2018
    Looks good, though lacks the calming simplicity of the OX. Clearly going for the Yngwie "more is more" approach.
    edited November 2018
    dindude said:
    Looks good, though lacks the calming simplicity of the OX. Clearly going for the Yngwie "more is more" approach.
    Dunno, I'd rather have the options to change things on the unit itself rather than having to rely on an app that isn't even available on all the most common platforms - especially for any final tweaks when playing live.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Looks great! I’d be interested to see the rrp 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    susbemol said:
    dindude said:
    Dunno, I'd rather have the options to change things on the unit itself rather than having to rely on an app that isn't even available on all the most common platforms - especially for any final tweaks when playing live.
    Doesn’t really add much more from the front panel aside from more “rigs”, just looks confusingly more like a Ford dashboard than a Volvo dashboard, that’s all.
    It looks like you can switch effects on/off using the switches on the front panel and also using a footswitch - neither of which can be done with the OX. Looks straight forward enough to me.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Looks like a great set of features - do we know the price yet? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • It looks a lot like the same format as Class D Bass amps....like Genz Benz/Genzler.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    StefB said:

Looks like a nice bit of kit - effectively a solid state, programmable Fryette Power Station with MIDI and some effects built in.

I shudder to think how much it will cost though.  Any amp type product from Boss with the word Waza attached seems to involve a comical price tag.

But then inevitably the reasonably priced version for the rest of us comes along (c.f. Waza Craft and Katana amps)... 
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    £3789
    Footswitch is extra.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    £3789
    Footswitch is extra.
    Yeah but it'll only be another £1500 for the for switch, so then you only have to save up for the cable then
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    TimmyO said:
    Looks like a great set of features - do we know the price yet? 
    Apparently if you have to ask you can't afford it  :3
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"