New acoustic up to £500 (possibly £750)

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Could any of you fine chaps recommend a full size acoustic with a budget of up to £500 please? I only have a parlour size guitar and would like something bigger with more projection (if that's the correct terminology). I'm not interested in electro-acoustics so what's the best bang for buck guitar please? I could possibly stretch to £750 for the right guitar. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• New probably a Taylor 110 if you search around you will probably find one without electronics. Or used a Yamaha LL16 an all solid wood guitar for around £400.00. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The newish Taylor Academy range.  Or Faith guitars.
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    I agree with @BigLicks67 about the Yamaha LL16 - I'm always surprised at just how good they are when I've played them.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    New, you can get an Eastman E1D for £500. All solid woods.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Dads guitars has a Yamaha FG300 for £350. That is what you must buy I guarantee no dissatisfaction 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Oops sorry. It’s nowhere near new. 
  • Eastman E1D is a good call. 
  • Faith's are always worth looking at

And anything used you can get your hands on
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I got my Martin D16 with aftermarket fishman pickup for £700 used on eBay FWIW
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2018
    Faith's are always worth looking at

And anything used you can get your hands on
    ^ This ^

Faith are excellent.
    Just a quick plug for the Epiphone Century Masterbilt archtops (if you like that sort of thing). Truly excellent instruments in your budget with tone and projection, if you like f-holes and archtops.

EDIT projection is what archtops were designed for!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • My money would be on either an Eastman, low end Maton or secondhand larrivee. All of these make some cracking acoustics and have models in your price range.
  • From experience the only way is to go and try a load. I spent a good few hours in Andertons and Guitar Village the other day and there were some absolute gems in all price points along with some absolute duds. Until you get to £2k plus the price doesn’t seem to dictate sound and build quality at all.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    From experience the only way is to go and try a load. I spent a good few hours in Andertons and Guitar Village the other day and there were some absolute gems in all price points along with some absolute duds. Until you get to £2k plus the price doesn’t seem to dictate sound and build quality at all.
    Thank you for all your replies, I went to my local guitar store and tried all sorts but came away with a Tanglewood Sundance dreadnought, it's a lovely sounding guitar, the best out of the bunch so I'm very happy. I tried a few Martins with laminate bodies and richlite fretboards and was very underwhelmed. I definitely made the right choice and I got fifty quid off and a hard case so mustn't grumble!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @zepp76 congrats mate, actually playing the things makes it so much easier, right?