xotic soul driven / AH

What's Hot
westwest Frets: 996
Does anyone know if there is any diference spec wise between these 2 pedals or is it just the paint job ? 

anyone got one ? how different to say a bb ac+ an original zendrive ...

any one moving one on ... ?

cheers West ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• westwest Frets: 996
    ok , so ive answered my own?  both the same spec ...

anyone useing one ?

Any input gratefully received .....
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I have the AH - and I've tried to find out if it's just the blue paint job that's different a few times and get really vague answers back each time.

It's nothing sonically like a Zen drive it's more like a Klon, but it responds quite different (but you can get the same sounds, you just need to set it up different) the gain control feels much wider - so klon style but it feels like more gain is available to you if that's what you want (I don't use much gain on it so don't notice the difference) the tone control again feels a little wider but also a little brighter (that could just be my ear though).

It's a really good pedal if you put it in front of an amp that you like the sound of and is quite responsive to playing dynamics it's one of the "klon option" pedals I use to protect my klon from damage, it's not a klone the gain feels "more" both in terms of gain available and fatness of the drive, but it is an augmentation of your amps tone rather than an overdrive pedal. 

Does that help ?
    Thanks for the reply ,  ive never tried a klon , but someone lent me a klon clone once  and it was awful to me lol ...  have you owned a BB or an AC plus ? i wonder how it compares to those pedals ....

as  far as i know  from digging around the alan hinds version is just the paint job limited adition ....

Theres a dip switch inside the pedal have you played around with that ? it seemed really to increase the  bass  response quite a lot on a video i watched .. ..

cheers west ...
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited November 2018
    don't judge a klon by a clone - some clones are terrible, some are actually very good, but don't forget as hyped as klons are (and I do love them) they are not for everyones amp/playing style, so they may not be for you. I did mess around with the dip switches (after taking a photo of where the default is as it sounds good straight out of the box) and the default for me was far better, but I'm sure that depends on your guitar and how you set your amp up. I've not owned the BB but have played one and I don't think I've ever actually played the AC plus. It's not really like the BB (although you can use it as a boost) if you want a dumb explination, think of it as an over drive version of the Xotic EP booster, so in the same way the EP booster is like a "more" version of your sound and makes it richer, this is like an over drive version of it, it makes your over drive fuller/richer - if you have a good base sound, it's like like an over drive that is just slam on the gain, it's like the "more of" style of the EP booster, but with over drive  (that doesn't mean it's an EP booster with drive - I'm trying to show how it makes your sound richer rather than it's own voice)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks , it sounds right up my street from the vidsive watched and your explaination , i might put a for trade post  up against my virtually new AC plus+ ...

cheers west ...