Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recovered Pedal Addicts

What's Hot

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    I'm currently at the "can I get 20 pedals on to a coherent board" stage. Which I can run either in stereo, or to a single amp, or w/d/w.

I'll check back in when I'm at the "nevermind that" stage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    ICBM said:
    dindude said:
    I don’t buy nearly as many pedals as I used to, but still way prefer power supplies, checking Ma levels, patch cables etc than menus and software updates.
    I also dislike menus and software updates, which is exactly why I have a Boss ME-50.

No menus, no push-button/scroll-wheel editing, just knobs. You don't even have to programme it if you don't want to, there's a manual mode (which I always use) - basically it's an analogue pedalboard but without the power supply, cabling hassle or need to replace pedals when you want something different - just turn a knob. OK you can only have one distortion at once, one modulation and one delay (plus compressor, wah, and reverb) but for most purposes that's fine.

But if you do want to programme it to save your favourite settings, you can. It puzzles me why this simple concept isn't more common.
    Yeah, I’ve often been tempted by the ME70 for this various reason and for fun factory of sounds, it’s certainly got a high knob count.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Great thread.

I had so many pedals I lost my core amp sound. The penny dropped when I went straight into my amp.

Now running - overdrive / fuzz / delay / reverb - and sound sooo much better for it. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    We should have meetings

Me: Hi, I'm tim, and I'm an addict

Group: Hi Tim

Me: It's been 12 months since I bought a pedal, but lately I've been itching to get one - I don't even have a board!

Group: We've all been there man, you can do this 

etc etc

Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited November 2018
    Fuengi said:

I had so many pedals I lost my core amp sound. The penny dropped when I went straight into my amp.
    ^ This!
    Have enjoyed playing with various drives, modulation but plugged straight in and was so refreshing (and less distracting to playing). Am now down to tuner / fuzz / overdrive and the amps reverb. Admittedly I'd still like to try a Flint or nice reverb. Also like the challenge of having only 4/5 pedals max...
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    timbuk02 said:
    Fuengi said:

^ This!
    Have enjoyed playing with various drives, modulation but plugged straight in and was so refreshing (and less distracting to playing). Am now down to tuner / fuzz / overdrive and the amps reverb. Admittedly I'd still like to try a Flint or nice reverb. Also like the challenge of having only 4/5 pedals max...
    Well, my reverb is a Flint.... Absolutely brilliant pedal, pairs nicely with a Dig, oh and you'll need the correct isolated supply, a tuner and a decent looper, a Klon clone and an...... Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!  
  • Can totally sympathise with this.

I like pedals  but hate faff. At the moment I'm only playing guitar for myself so I'm quite happy to have 10 pedals or so on a fairly sizable board. 

If I was gigging or ever needing to take my gear anywhere I'd vastly simplify. Either a tiny pedaltrain effort with 5 pedals tops or I'd go multifx. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fuengi said:
    timbuk02 said:
    Fuengi said:

^ This!
    Well, my reverb is a Flint.... Absolutely brilliant pedal, pairs nicely with a Dig, oh and you'll need the correct isolated supply, a tuner and a decent looper, a Klon clone and an...... Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!  
    haha - exactly! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    My board evolution as decelerated and decelerated over the years and now it’s ultimately come to a permanent standstill; I’m really happy with it; it has just a few (11) good quality, highly useful sounds, giving great variety and quality. I just never need to buy another pedal again. And I can’t see myself having to / wanting to go digital. So that’s me done now. 

Unless anyone has an original fuzzface for sale?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited November 2018
    Fuengi said:
    timbuk02 said:
    Fuengi said:

^ This!
    Ha! Exactly, hence no reverb pedal (as yet). I'm even using batteries in my drive and fuzz and have made the power supply redundant too. Not managed to commit to selling the unused pedals etc yet, so still technically 'rehab' work in progress...
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    I’ve not bought a pedal in a few years but my appetite has been satisfied with my association with Joel and his pedals on a semi regularly basis, but it’s now at a point where his line up has enough pedals to make a board but I’m thinking now putting together a board with just CBA pedals.

Fuengi said:
    Now my problem (if this is such a thing) comes with wanting to put this board together, at first I’m thinking...ill only need a few pieces of wood and a PSU and chain them all together, but then I though that’s going to have so much signal degration and need a buffer, now I’m thinking a nicer board, tuner and perhaps a looper, a simple 8 way looper but then I’m thinking what about MIDI? As all of them have digital controls...so now I’m thinking about a looper with midi.

FFS.
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 796
    edited November 2018
    I’m contained by a PT Nano+ which is what my Cioks DC5 is bolted to. I can’t go back to a daisy chain because the Strymon and Empress need isolated power. I also have a Metro 24 and a PT JR, both of which I could easily fill up but would also involve getting out the drill, soldering iron and probably credit card for extra cable, jacks etc, plus planning partial daisy chains for the Cioks. Then it would be several hours/half a day rigging it all up, then finally arriving at the low-intensity jam session/hypothetical small scale gig and realising that anything bigger than a Nano+ is just a faff for the amount of effects I’m actually likely to use.

This is my current board - the only thing that changes is the drive pedal (alternates with Liquid Sunshine Mkiii and Xotic BBMB as the mood takes me.) I would like to be able to fit a chorus and compressor on there too, but realistically I’d only use them rarely.

Is a ‘board shot permissible or does that encourage relapse?

https://flic.kr/p/QQFKkA

• I have more pedals than I use. 

I fancied an all Boss board, but never had the dough. An all Ibanez Soundtank board could have been achievable, but I pissed a lot of my wages away in those days.

I occasionally move pedals on and still have too many overdrive units.

I have a complete collection of later Locobox pedals, but only have three on my board currently.

I play bass in a cover band and probably only need a floor tuner.
    I’ve recently become completely addicted to Boss Stuff, not really sure why? this is my all Boss board apart from the DMM and absolutely loving it! simple and great fun, happiest I’ve been with a set up and pedals in general, I’ve not really needed anything else and was even considering moving on the DMM to free up funds to get me a DD-7. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Be considerate lads - you may as well be shooting up in these pics! 

Support your fellow recovering addicts! :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    On the recovered pedal addicts road to recovery you reach a higher plane when you are happy with a Pedal train Nano (or equivalent - ICBMs ME-50 counts for example) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    I have more pedals than I use. 

I fancied an all Boss board, but never had the dough. An all Ibanez Soundtank board could have been achievable, but I pissed a lot of my wages away in those days.

I have a complete collection of later Locobox pedals, but only have three on my board currently.

I’ve recently become completely addicted to Boss Stuff, not really sure why? this is my all Boss board apart from the DMM and absolutely loving it! simple and great fun, happiest I’ve been with a set up and pedals in general, I’ve not really needed anything else and was even considering moving on the DMM to free up funds to get me a DD-7. 
    That Board needs a DD-2. Oh and the Wet turning the right way around  :)....it looks bloody great though..
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I think the problem is when you either don't have a board, or don't play out, so are unconstrained by that space. Then the possibilities are endless........
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • tone1 said:
    I have more pedals than I use. 

That Board needs a DD-2. Oh and the Wet turning the right way around  :)....it looks bloody great though..
    Yep! I know the WET, I need to sort that out may even get an RV-6 lol
  • @builttospill love that board mate...

It actually makes me feel like buying again !
  • I sold most of my pedals and amp and just have the GT-1000 now.  I won't be buying any more pedals again.