Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recovered Pedal Addicts

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    @builttospill love that board mate...

It actually makes me feel like buying again !
    Go on Waz.... Ditch the Kemper and buy back your Carr Rambler, you can do it... we’ll all support you! You know it makes sense :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I sold most of my pedals and amp and just have the GT-1000 now.  I won't be buying any more pedals again.
    Hey Gareth! It's been a long time. I'm glad you're still digging the GT-1000!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @builttospill love that board mate...

It actually makes me feel like buying again !
    Thanks @Wazmeister that’s why I posted it! I will never get over this addiction. 
  • I sold most of my pedals and amp and just have the GT-1000 now.  I won't be buying any more pedals again.
    Yes you will
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Send thoughts and prayers

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    I have more pedals than I use. 

I fancied an all Boss board, but never had the dough. An all Ibanez Soundtank board could have been achievable, but I pissed a lot of my wages away in those days.

I occasionally move pedals on and still have too many overdrive units.

I have a complete collection of later Locobox pedals, but only have three on my board currently.

I play bass in a cover band and probably only need a floor tuner.
    I’ve recently become completely addicted to Boss Stuff, not really sure why? this is my all Boss board apart from the DMM and absolutely loving it! simple and great fun, happiest I’ve been with a set up and pedals in general, I’ve not really needed anything else and was even considering moving on the DMM to free up funds to get me a DD-7. 
    That Board needs a DD-2. Oh and the Wet turning the right way around  :)....it looks bloody great though..
    DD-2 or DD-7? Which does the nicest slapback type delay
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    roberty said:

You ever thought about standing pedals vertically? You can fit more onto a ‘board that way.  ;)

But, you know, it’s hard when you’ve found a group of pedals you like and comfortable with, to then make the leap to a multi or a kemper.

Sometimes, it’s the (relatively) simplicity of individual pedals that keeps us from tipping over to a single unit and wondering what all the knobs, buttons, and settings actually do. Such a situation is illogical, since several individual pedals present the same dilemma.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    builttospill said:

The DM-2 does the best slapback. The digitals are better for longer delays - the DD-7 does have an analogue emulation which is not bad, and is far more versatile, so if the choice is only between the DD-2 and the DD-7, the 7 probably takes it. I still think the 2 just sounds better for the long Gilmour-type delays though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    builttospill said:

The DM-2 does the best slapback. The digitals are better for longer delays - the DD-7 does have an analogue emulation which is not bad, and is far more versatile, so if the choice is only between the DD-2 and the DD-7, the 7 probably takes it. I still think the 2 just sounds better for the long Gilmour-type delays though.
    Cheers! @ICBM needing something digital from the Boss range and those very long delay times on the DD-7 are very appealing plus the loop/reverse function. I must experiment more with my DM-2W, can anyone recommend a good dirtyesh slapback setting on the DM-2W?
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I can really relate to a lot of comments on here. In a way I wish I could limit the number of pedals I have because it is a faff at times. However, some of my pedals are an intrinsic part of my sound. In my two bands one is very effects heavy but currently is a studio project so whatever I use is fine. My other band is more of a KOL type of sound which does require a certain amount of modulation. 

To to get rid of all pedals is not an option though. I don’t see why I would as pedals are every bit as important to guitar tones as an amp or choice of guitar. 
  • I've got a ton of pedals. Strymon, Empress, Boss, MXR, EHX, etc... and I also have a Helix. 

I can't pick a favourite. It's silly to expect me to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    I used loose pedals for years and then those eh bags and finally caved in with a pedal train. My philosophy is that the board is for transporting and power. However, the temptation is to fill it up.

I like pedals and have too many to fit on a board or even use regularly. Most of the time I'll use an overdrive and a delay. 

Recently ive started a jam with friends in the music room there's no space for boards so its stripped to the basics which is 4 pedals for me and 2 for the other guitarist.

They are tools and an obsession, at the same time, the former are used when needed,the latter in the loft.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited November 2018
    I've always kept a pretty simple board but I always have GAS for pedals, especially fuzz. Just something about fuzz pedals that makes me want to try them all out. Possibly because fuzz can be such a funny one depending on the rest of your gear. I tend to like the idea of fuzz more than the reality though, most just sound too muddy and like a crap distortion. I'm searching for one that sounds like a fat Marshall style amp on the edge of meltdown, but still enough clarity for palm mutes. I'm not sure if that exists.
  • I have more pedals than I use. 

I fancied an all Boss board, but never had the dough. An all Ibanez Soundtank board could have been achievable, but I pissed a lot of my wages away in those days.

I have a complete collection of later Locobox pedals, but only have three on my board currently.

I’ve recently become completely addicted to Boss Stuff, not really sure why? this is my all Boss board apart from the DMM and absolutely loving it! simple and great fun, happiest I’ve been with a set up and pedals in general, I’ve not really needed anything else and was even considering moving on the DMM to free up funds to get me a DD-7. 
    -I love Boss and your board is cool as a cool thing but please dont sell your DMM for a DD7. That's definitely a "what the hell was I thinking?" kind of decision. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The DMM tone can be coped with most modern digital delays now.
  • @GavRichList This thread screams your name. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    tone1 said:
    I have more pedals than I use. 

That Board needs a DD-2. Oh and the Wet turning the right way around  :)....it looks bloody great though..
    I haven’t tried a DD-7....I do prefer digital delays though. Warm analogue delays just don’t do it for me, which is weird as that’s what most people love :) 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    fandango said:
    roberty said:

You ever thought about standing pedals vertically? You can fit more onto a ‘board that way.  ;)

But, you know, it’s hard when you’ve found a group of pedals you like and comfortable with, to then make the leap to a multi or a kemper.

Sometimes, it’s the (relatively) simplicity of individual pedals that keeps us from tipping over to a single unit and wondering what all the knobs, buttons, and settings actually do. Such a situation is illogical, since several individual pedals present the same dilemma.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a bigger board next year. This is for an originals project so everything does a specific thing.

If anything, I'm curious about the hybrid route, https://www.boss.info/global/products/ms-3/

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    As with all addictions, you will only change if you really want to change.

those planning more pedals can find lots of other threads :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I've repurposed many of my pedals towards my Eurorack modular synth.