SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Minty Fender Prosonic Amp from the 90s in original box. 900£ shipped to your door.

What's Hot
tubeholictubeholic Frets: 1
edited February 2019 in Amps £
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of a noob to the forum, hopefully it's ok to post this.

So, I'm selling this beautiful Fender Bruce Zinky original from the 90s. The amp is in excellent condition, it's been stored in it's original box for ages and had hardly any playing time, so there are no markings on the Tolex whatsoever. It carries the proper vintage style footswitch and sounds awesome. It's fitted with fresh, all new tubes: Sovtek LPS 12Ax7s all across the preamp, a JJ 12At7 reverb driver and JJ 6L6s power and GZ34 rectifier tubes. 

Anyone looking at this will probably know the specs: variable power rectifier selection:
- 60W Solid state
- 50W Tube rectifier class AB
- 30W Class A (cathode biased like an AC30)

Fender clean channel
Drive channel from Brit to Boogie

Amp is currently in Lisbon (Portugal), so I'm looking for 900£ (shipping to the UK included).

Amp is also listed on Reverb.com (https://rvrb.io/1990s-prosonic-amp-qgfk3b), in case you might want to check my feedback. Also, there's a few pics and a video I shot with the amp. 

Thanks for looking
Carlos.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Amazing amp, I had the original custom shop in blue snakeskin. 1 amp I truly regret selling

But I don't think this a custom shop one as I'm sure these only came in red or blue. Could be wrong, but the did fix the switching pop issue in the production model. 
  • Hi Tat2dstesh, thanks for chiming in. Yeah, I did find the "Fender Amp Custom Shop" writing silkscreened on the main PCB while checking the bias. Also, I checked the existing Fender Tech Notes, and this one has all of the changes already made in production (meaning no switching loud pops), so it's a late model for sure. 

Agree, it's an amazing amp. Hopefully I won't regret selling it. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    None of these were actually made in the custom shop though were they?

Lovely amps, miss both of my old ones!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    the one I had was so LOUD - nearly lost my hearing

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• tubeholictubeholic Frets: 1
    edited November 2018
    Well, I cannot guarantee that it was. For the sake of correctness,  I amended the text as to read "Bruce Zinky original" instead of "Custom Shop original". Even though it says so on the PCB:

• the one I had was so LOUD - nearly lost my hearing
    Yes, it is one loud amp. :)
  • Ok, figured out how to post the images so here it goes:

IMG-20181116-164830-HHT IMG-20181028-195149-HHT IMG-20181028-194816 IMG-20181028-194428 IMG-20181028-194348-HHT
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Very nice!
  • photek said:
    Very nice!
    Thanks mate. Sounds great, too. Here's the youtube clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JdBhMk2w8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Prosonics were available first from the Fender Custom Shop, and later from Fender Musical Instruments, and for each production run, combo amplifiers featuring dual Celestion 10" speakers, and head versions were available. (Zinky did make prototype combo versions with a single 12-inch speaker). The circuitry is identical and offers users the sound similar to a louder Deluxe Reverb. The combo version featured a tube-driven, Accutronics spring reverb unit. The head version omitted the reverb tank.

While the vast majority of Prosonics were shipped with the standard black tolex covering, some of the initial Custom Shop run were finished in red and seafoam green pebbled tolex, called "lizard-skin" by Fender. Approximately 300 were made in red and 500 were made in seafoam green. The look of the amplifier borrows simultaneously from several eras of vintage Fender design: black "chicken-head" pointer knobs (as used on circa 1950s "tweed" amps), and the silver grill cloth, jewel lamp, and black control plate as used during the 'black face' period (mid-1960s). (Both models came with green jewel lamps).

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi everyone, price drop: 900£ shipped.