Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Please See "Water Rats April 19 - Song List"

What's Hot

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5356
    The guys,I was going to get for River City aren't suitable. The only person I can think of is a pro musician, but I only know him from doing pit band in January. I could get his contact details off a mutual friend if you're stuck, but not sure how up for it he would be, plus he seems to do a lot of shows. But no harm in asking?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Your best bet is to hunt one in their natural environment. 

Go to the old man pubs with only six blokes in. He's the one drinking John Smith's alone in the corner. 

Lure him with a chew toy full of peanut butter. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    MtB said:
    It's about time we started a song list for the 2019 Water Rats bash.

I shall start the ball rolling then - how have we done this previously? Max of 2 song suggestions for each attendee?

@Fuengi
    @Mike77
    @Fandango
    @lovestrat74
    @sonoflovestrat74
    @peteri
    @Tone71
    @David5150
    @MtB
    @Flanging_Fred
    @JonathanAngus
    @Blackjack
    @sev112
    @route66
    @customkits
    @grappagreen
    @springhead
    @McToot
    @poopot
    @Darthed1981
    @Bridgehouse
    @MarkBlagdon

Hi everyone,

As you may realise you have been refunded for water rats as Ttony has retired.  sorting between ourselves so nothing in theory changed except we need a drummer.  Can you confirm you are still in so we can arrange the payments again, calculate costings and try and lure a drummer with a chewy toy filled with peanut butter please?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    How much would we pay them? I've a couple of people i know who know drummers. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Usual drummer fee is £100-120

I can ask mine who came to quad - the distance may be the only issue
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Yes, still in along with Fuengi Jr. 
  • Missed all this-was busy at work 

deffo still in but can't help with a drummer as the one in my band is 1-not allowed out at the weekend by his missus and 2-is such a noisy bugger I'd feel bad if he put anyone off playing live

but in all seriousness-if there is anything I can do to help organise then just shout. Was genuinely looking forward to meeting a few FB members and playing some tunes
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    I'm still in if it doesn't cost more

Can't help with a drummer though
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    I've started a spreadsheet of those who have said interested and will issue payment details when we are sure we have the numbers.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Yes still interested.  
    In mybold band we could never keep a drummer. Even canon players never turned up more than twice 

on the basis of that, you might not even want me to come along with just a guitar :)

thanks for keeping this one going guys
  • Hi,

I'm still up for this.  I've asked Paul, the drummer in my band if he would be interested in doing this. He seems up for it but needs to check his diary.

Paul is a top bloke and a really solid player, he plays in several bands and deps for others so he could easily cope with our needs. (unless someone fancy's doing a tune in 7/8 or weird jazz stuff!).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Still up for this if we can get it going again.  I can ask around re: drummers.

(Oh, and if you could get my '@' tag right so I don't miss anything, that'd be grand!  ;))
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Still up for this if we can get it going again.  I can ask around re: drummers.

(Oh, and if you could get my '@' tag right so I don't miss anything, that'd be grand!  ;))
    Cheers I will add you chaps to the list.  All I'm saying is I copied @mtb s list : )
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I'm in too.  Between us, we'll be able to get a drummer. Just need to make sure we have a good bowl of Red Bull and some scooby snax at hand. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I'd still like to do it - just to point out I may play in 7/8 time, but not intentionally!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:

(Oh, and if you could get my '@' tag right so I don't miss anything, that'd be grand!  )
    Cheers I will add you chaps to the list.  All I'm saying is I copied @mtb s list : )
    Which I think was in turn copied from that of Mr @Bridgehouse in the main thread.  All his fault. 

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    munckee said:

(Oh, and if you could get my '@' tag right so I don't miss anything, that'd be grand!  )
    Which I think was in turn copied from that of Mr @Bridgehouse in the main thread.  All his fault. 
    Actually you can blame Vanilla - as the “@“ signs add too many characters and make it over limit. 
  • munckee said:

Actually you can blame Vanilla - as the “@“ signs add too many characters and make it over limit. 
    :)

• Me and the boy are still up for it!
  • I didn't realise something had happened until this morning.  If it's on I'm in.