A Hagstrom I've never seen before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14210
edited November 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader

I recall selling a few Hagstroms in the late 70's and early 80's - The Swede, Viking etc all Gibson flavoured - But never a 6 a side tuner Fender flavoured model

I've never seen one of these before

I'm even guessing that @HarrySeven not seen to many or any

or sale via Reverb - https://reverb.com/item/17007484-hagstrom-scandi-1978-sunburst
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Try @timhulio I think he likes them
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    edited November 2018
    Back in the mid 70s I really wanted a Hagstrom like this - six-a-side headstock and a body shape that seemed to be a blend of Strat and SG. Currently they have a reissue of this style available in the Hagstrom II & III models:

I still think it's a pretty body shape, and I like the idea of the twin strap buttons to let you rest the guitar in a standing position. But I think they're a bit pricey for a Chinese made retro model.

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Try @timhulio I think he likes them
    Indeed! The guitar up top is a second version of the Scandi. IIRC the production numbers for the model only totalled in the low hundreds. I had this Scandi (from the first batch). These had a different tailpiece and lacked the 'Scandi' headstock logo. I found this particular guitar a bit heavy and dull-sounding, but have since played a couple of later ones which were far better. The guitar up the top is very tempting. Love that burst.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a beauty @timhulio ;

I'm another Hagstrom fan, I have a HIIN which was my gigging instrument for a while.  It's in a terrible state now, needs new frets and some other bits and pieces. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Nice. The HIIN always eluded me, although I think it would have suited me more than the Hagstroms I do own as the neck is wider and I have big hands. I've a couple of HIIIs, a HI, Viking I, Swede, although I used to have a few more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14210
    tFB Trader
    timhulio said:
    Try @timhulio I think he likes them
    Indeed! The guitar up top is a second version of the Scandi. IIRC the production numbers for the model only totalled in the low hundreds. I had this Scandi (from the first batch). These had a different tailpiece and lacked the 'Scandi' headstock logo. I found this particular guitar a bit heavy and dull-sounding, but have since played a couple of later ones which were far better. The guitar up the top is very tempting. Love that burst.

bit of a Valley Arts about that having the TOM + bridge combination - Not sure who did it first

Thanks for the info guys - I can't even recall these in any catalogue, back in the day, let alone seeing one in the flesh

• I'm even guessing that @HarrySeven not seen to many or any

Bit late to the party, but yes, correct...I think I've only seen one before.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/