Top E string gets caught in open humbucker

What's Hot
SloojSlooj Frets: 8
I have a musicman sub one guitar which has two open humbuckers. I play quite hard and have always had the same trouble with open humbuckers. The top E string regularly gets trapped in the plastic of the neck pickup unless I wind it right down to the body. I've thought of getting some pickup covers but don't want to alter the sound or introduce feedback issues. Any advice (except learn to play properly) would be greatly appreciated. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 6953
    Never heard of this happening before, but if you play with a heavy attack it wouldn’t be a bad idea to raise the action.
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    edited November 2018
    Konx!!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Konx!!
    Yep a bit of tape will work.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    viz said:
    Konx!!
    Yep a bit of tape will work.

Wiz for knowing the reference :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.