SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE - swap my Supro 1605r for something?

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714
edited December 2018 in Amps £
I've a lovely neat little Supro 1605r that whilst quite cool and quite perfect in its feature set, is not quite filling the hole at the moment so I thought I'd see if anybody fancied swapping it for anything? They are still around the £900 new so say £600 trade value? I know they are crazy much for what they are but I'm yet to find anything that has the same feature set - can use as preamp with line outs for dry and reverb, has a master volume, reverb, quite uncommon in small amps like this one.

Photos below. Stuff I'd be up for:

An amp - can't really justify more than Princeton sized (don't want a Princeton though), ideally with FX loop or line out if possible. Don't mind combo or head. Ideally capable of clean and crunch at various volumes

FRFR set up.

Preamps or preamp pedals, though not a Marshall JMP or Mesa V Twin. Could consider other Mesa ones

Tc Helicon Voicelive extreme

Bit obscure, but any Randall/egnater/synergy gear

Pedals - Boss Harmonist, Digitech Control 2

Wireless system

Good laptop computer for music software that doesn't crash or need reinstalling every damn time like my current one.

Roli seaboard

Happy to consider pedals as top up or whatever, or cash, or do the save the other way around

If you're interested, tempt me I'm in Birmingham

Photos (Paddington tin not included)

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bumpy road
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Hi Matt,

I'm not in a position to buy another amp at the moment having picked up the princeton 68 this summer which I absolutely love.  Having disposed of my champ though I am missing having a smaller lighter valve amp I can drive at low volumes without pedals, I'm just interested on your take on the sound difference between the princeton and the supro?
  • Interesting.... 
  • munckee said:
    Hi Matt,

I'm not in a position to buy another amp at the moment having picked up the princeton 68 this summer which I absolutely love.  Having disposed of my champ though I am missing having a smaller lighter valve amp I can drive at low volumes without pedals, I'm just interested on your take on the sound difference between the princeton and the supro?
    How do, it will do what you say there ie it's small, has gain and master do you can get overdrive quietly, and has the flexibility to go direct as a preamp or use it even as a reverb tank alone. But it does not sound like a Princeton, the clean is different and the drive is it's own thing. I'd have thought if you like your Princeton's sound you'd be better getting a fender style or clean boost ish pedal for the Princeton
  • Anybody fancy anything :)
  • Bumpy
  • It's on ebay now
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    I have to just jump in here and say this amp looks amazing. They'd passed me by!

And... damn you because your post here got me searching and I ended up buying a 1965 Supro Bantam. Far less useful, ten times more deadly and with with absolutely zero modern handy features, but incredible sounding! Still would have been better off with yours as dreaming of a crunchy little amp with real reverb but ebay trawling got the better of me. GLWTS  =)
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • Boing boing