SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

** SOLD - TOM ANDERSON DROP TOP CLASSIC - 1996 **

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
edited January 2019 in Guitars £

Sold...

Here is an amazing guitar from the legendary Tom Anderson. Taking the classic Strat design but refining it to the point of perfection, this is a superb guitar that plays better than anything I've ever played and is incredibly versatile, easily covering most musical styles. That said, from my humble player's perspective, I think it excels at the the classic Strat stuff (Dire Straits, Gilmour etc) through to more of a hard rock voicing from the humbucker settings. 

The spec (as per the TA serial number search) is: 
Guitar Model: Drop Top Classic 
Body Wood: Figured Maple Top on Basswood 
Body Finish: Cherry Burst with Binding 
Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple 
Neck Finish: Satin Finish 
Neck Back Shape: 
Nut Width: 1 11/16 in 
Frets: Heavy 
Hardware Color: Chrome 
Bridge: Vintage Tremolo 
Pickups: SD1R SD1 H2+ 
Pickguard: White Pearloid 
Switching: Switcheroo, Series/Split, Vintage Voicing 

Hopefully that tells you most of what you need to know, but just a comment on the Switcheroo. This is probably the most versatile set up on a TA with the option to select any of the 3 pickups, on their own or in combination with others, and with the choice of 2 options for how each pickup is configured. You then also have the blower switch that switches you straight to the humbucker regardless of how the 3 toggle switches are set. It's great design that works really well, and isn't too difficult to navigate in a live setting. 

The other thing to mention is the neck - sublime.... nothing more to say on that! 

CONDITION: 
The guitar is in superb condition - not perfect, but then it's a pro spec 22 year old instrument. There are some light surface marks to the body, but nothing significant, and there is also a tiny ding on the upper edge of the upper horn - this has been repaired to a good standard. The neck has a couple of small indentations and only very minor fret wear. The headstock logo transfer has a tiny section that has scratched off the A - but barely noticeable. The guitar is brilliantly set up, plays perfectly and wants for nothing. 
It comes with the original case, but no tags or paperwork. It also has Sperzal strap buttons fitted, but the originals are included.

Price: £1800 now £1700 (collected from Nottingam)

TRADES
Yes,  definitely... 

I'd consider a straight swap for a PRS Tremonti
Or
PRS CU/Std/CE plus cash my way
Patrick Eggle Berlin/Vienna Pro plus cash my way
Or
Possibly other set neck twin humbucker guitars

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments