Mixing services?

Hello! As the title states, I’m wondering if anyone on the forum offers mixing services and what their general rates are. I’m working on my second album after self-recording and mixing my first which was released on a tiny little label in SF called Jigsaw Records. You can find it on all the main streaming stations under ‘One Act Plays’ by Cracked Actors. There is another group with that name - I just have the one release. While that album was a collection of fast-paced, melodic punk/indie rock, my next album is slower in pace and more along the lines of brisk jangle-pop. I’m recording everything directly into Logic, including a mix of Logic Drummer and electronic drums played myself. Guitars and bass are DI’d, horns & piano etc are MIDI, so the only things using microphones will be vocals and maybe some acoustic guitar. So... I can mix this myself and I’m sure I’ll do a reasonable enough job for the number of people who will hear it, but I can’t help wondering what it might turn out like in the hands of an experienced mixer. I’ve got some demos of the new stuff if anyone is remotely interested! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Hi,

I do mixing, and in fact I've been working on some tracks for @meltedbuzzbox of this manor. I usually work on the basis of £150 a day, but happy to quote a per-track rate if you like. Do PM me for details etc.

cheers
    Sam
  • Sam is top notch! Well worth looking into
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    @skitzigol ; - lets hear some demos !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • skitzigolskitzigol Frets: 12
    edited November 2018
    @sparks240 ;

Hopefully youll enjoy it... or at least appreciate the effort! 

@stuckfast - I’ll PM details when I’m home next week. I’ve still got a fair bit of recording to do before it’s ready for the mixing stage, but wanted to get an idea of what’s out there! 
  • Also @Sasquatch_Bob is very reasonable

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Yeah that's a cool tune....personally I would split it as 2 different songs...not sure about that tempo change, but hey ...its your song !...its not a bad mix as is, why don't you want to progress it yourself?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I quite liked having a different song structure and wanted to start it slow, then have the same chord pattern and melody kicked up a bit! It’s not that I’m not wanting to progress, I just wondered what it might sound like in someone else’s hands! Thanks for the comments - very much appreciated
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Nice track, there's definitely a lot of potential there!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I'm a pro mixer with oodles of commercial releases.
    I charge starting from £300 a day, but I'm based in Asia and booked up until March.

If you are interested in hearing a showreel then let me know and I will send you the link.

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    If you want to send me some stems, I can do a mix, I'd like to work on the drum tracks though,
    plenty to play with there, price is always negotiable.