Yamaha solid Koa Peach Black Friday deal

I picked up one of these today. £999 for the guitar or £1099 including a Marshall amp, strap, capo, tuner, picks etc. I played a few others including Gibson’s, Martin and Taylor. For the money, this is just silly. Peach had 24, now 23. They’re officially not on sale till Thursday night at this price

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/acoustic-guitars/yamaha-ac4k-all-solid-koa-electro-acoustic.htm

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Beautiful guitar and I’ve no doubt it will sound exceptional. For my taste, the only thing holding me back from most Yamaha’s is the tighter nut width, more like an electric neck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grayngrayn Frets: 880
    Classy, congrats.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Very nice. I really like the look of koa, has a lovely warmth of colour and nice grain to it. (I’ve got a koa backed Takamine) 
  • Where are these made? 
  • MattWMattW Frets: 80
    Where are these made? 
    They’re made in China. I’d been trying to find out myself but there’s surprisingly little info on these available online other than videos from NAMM with the same sales guy talking about how few they’re making.

I was originally planning on picking up a koa gs-mini but the lure of all solid wood won out over the smaller size of the Taylor (I figured it’ll be in the hold in a decent flight case if I take it on holiday with me anyway) and so jumped on the same deal in Peach as the OP.

Gotta say I’m very impressed considering it was a bit of a punt as there weren’t any local to me I could try in advance and totally agree with the OP that if the pronounced mids and high-end shimmer of koa are your thing then these are an absolute steal. Fit and finish are excellent and it was perfectly set up out of the box. My only issue is the wife keeps trying to wrap it up for me to have as a Xmas present!
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited December 2018
    That looks amazing.  I have an old LL series Yamaha (LL500) and it's crazy how good it sounds.  Lots have played it and it sorts any many Martins that's all I can say...

I was actually looking for a smaller body electro so you might have got me on this one.  Other shops seem to have it for £1400+.  How are Peach doing this?

It's interesting running through all the different guitar S/N photos.
    chris78 said:
    I picked up one of these today. £999 for the guitar or £1099 including a Marshall amp, strap, capo, tuner, picks etc. I played a few others including Gibson’s, Martin and Taylor. For the money, this is just silly. Peach had 24, now 23. They’re officially not on sale till Thursday night at this price

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/acoustic-guitars/yamaha-ac4k-all-solid-koa-electro-acoustic.htm

Out of interest, which S/N did you grab as some tasty ones seem to have sold already.
  • That does look mighty fine. I must be behind the curve - is koa a desirable wood, then? More so than the usual spruce/mahogany duo?

I’ve been using an AC3R for a while now,  a cousin of this guitar. Made in China too. Can’t fault the workmanship. Not the most inspiring acoustic sound - typical Yamaha: dry, precise, slightly clinical - but as a workhorse it’s excellent. 

I see the preamp is on version 2 - looks smarter but loses some control. Only two mic models instead of three for instance. There is a sweet spot settings-wise with that preamp so perhaps they’ve found it and reduced the options accordingly. And the Hiscox is ditched in favour of a  “hard bag” - not sure if that’s an upgrade or not. 

Would be great to hear it in action. Happy NGD!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    And now it's £839.
  • DiscoStu said:
    And now it's £839.
    Where?
    Where? 
    Exactly what I was thinking!!