Quickest ban ever?

What's Hot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46288054

That takes some doing I think.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Idiot. Good thing he was stopped. Five teenagers in a speeding car is the sort of thing that tends to end with a tree and multiple fatalities. 

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    What a fucking idiot. Good job he was off the streets that fast though. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Seems a pretty light punishment. 2 points, 4 week ban, €200, but then he can retrain and do the same again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lewismlewism Frets: 250
    The police say his retraining will be “expensive” though. I doubt it’s just a case of a couple of refresher lessons & resetting his test.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reminds me of the television series The Knowledge ( ooh, google says made for TV film from 1979) which was about, err, The Knowledge ( becoming a London taxi driver). The bit of that which always stuck in my mind was one of the characters being persuaded into having a celebration drink after passing and then getting arrested for drink driving on the way home. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    What a tit. Got off far too lightly 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Should have been banned for life. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    lewism said:
    The police say his retraining will be “expensive” though. I doubt it’s just a case of a couple of refresher lessons & resetting his test.
    What insurer would cover that plonker for anything less than the replacement price of his car?
    Be seeing you.
  • lewismlewism Frets: 250
    lewism said:
    What insurer would cover that plonker for anything less than the replacement price of his car?
    Indeed, he’s going to (rightfully) struggle to get driving again. I think the police statement was meant as a reinforcement of that. Unfortunately, autocorrect substituted resetting for re-sitting. I remember 18 years ago, fresh out of Uni & with a clean licence, it cost me £1,000 to insure a £400 piece of junk so I dread to think what his premium would be like!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    Yeah, absolute idiot. His punishment is deserved, although if he acted wrecklessly so soon after “passing” 1) he shouldn’t have passed and 2) he shouldn’t be allowed to train again – with that mentality it’s most likely he’d only repeat again anyway.

The cyclists who ride on busy roads, with no hands, earphones in and busy pratting around with their phone, are similar divs who deserve to be punished serverly. Their absolute senselessness really gets my goat.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    DrJazzTap said:
    Lifetime ban from driving because someone acted like a complete nob when they were a teenager?  That seems harsh... we don't even refuse redemption to convicted murderers. 
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    MrBump said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    Lifetime ban from driving because someone acted like a complete nob when they were a teenager?  That seems harsh... we don't even refuse redemption to convicted murderers. 
    I agree - I'm not condoning his behavior in any way shape or form, what he did was completely irresponsible, but he's just a young kid, who made a mistake. Luckily he was caught, before anything seriously bad happened, and will hopefully learn from this experiance. We were all young once!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Lifetime ban? Do we know where he did it or just assuming it’s a housing estate? 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    lewism said:

I expect he'll have to do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical-psychological_assessment_(Germany)

Commonly referred to as the "idiot test".

My local driving school did rehabilitation sessions as part of this programme where drivers had to make posters detailing why they were having to sit this test. This lad is absolutely nothing on what I read. No deaths, no serious injuries, no property damage, no (multiples of) vehicles totally destroyed, no highways blocked for hours. I understand the groups are kept small, but I saw a number of these posters, and this was only one day in one school of a great many that run such sessions.

Be careful out there!

Garthy said:
    Lifetime ban? Do we know where he did it or just assuming it’s a housing estate? 

The article says the limit he broke was 50kph. That's the normal limit for built-up areas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_Germany

In a housing estate it would be more likely to be 30kph:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_km/h_zone

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Won’t matter if he’s priced out of insurance, there’s loads of tossers that drive without it daily.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Reminds me of a young man I worked with (who didn't last very long). His first day in the job, he goes to HQ to do all the contracts, safety training, pick up his kit and get his company car. The fleet manager goes through all the rules and explains that all our cars have GPS trackers. The chap then drives home (only about 40 mins down the M4) and upon getting home, has an email in his inbox from the fleet manager who was setting up the online system for the GPS tracker, and was literally watching him, in real time, do 110mph down the motorway.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    used to be that all the idiots doing that down the outer lane were company car drivers...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @roberty If the limit was 50kph, the chances of it having been an autobahn are basically zilch.