PSA: mad discounts on mad expensive Taylors at Coda

What's Hot
SnagsSnags Frets: 631
If you're looking to spend crazy money on a Taylor then Coda have a few with thousands off under their Black Friday thing.

I don't particularly like Taylors, but I'm glad I'm a) skint and b) not around this weekend otherwise I might have some explaining to do.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 2034
    Snags said:
    If you're looking to spend crazy money on a Taylor then Coda have a few with thousands off under their Black Friday thing.

I don't particularly like Taylors, but I'm glad I'm a) skint and b) not around this weekend otherwise I might have some explaining to do.
    Peach has a few too. Looks like they had a few Custom/BTOs in the distribution channel without the V-bracing that they probably want to get rid of...

The "cheapest" ones are the dreadnoughts... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 4457
    biggest discount:
    Taylor Custom Grand Orchestra #7099

£10,066.00

now

£5,279.00

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 2246
    Wow! Didn’t know that Taylor did £10k guitars. That’s Premier League luthier prices isn’t it? 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 2246
    Although, thinking about it,Martin do their Brazilian doo-da fandango things for £20k+ I think. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 4457
    edited December 4
    jellyroll said:
    Wow! Didn’t know that Taylor did £10k guitars. That’s Premier League luthier prices isn’t it? 
    exactly my issue
    you can get a top notch established luthier to hand-build you a guitar for £5k to £10k
  • LewyLewy Frets: 722
    edited December 6
    jellyroll said:
    exactly my issue
    you can get a top notch established luthier to hand-build you a guitar for £5k to £10k
    Surely what matters is the quality of the instrument, not at what point in the production process automation stopped being used. Even the most low tech traditional luthiers don't go and chew down the tree so at what point does it start to matter? There's no reason why the large manufacturers who have custom shops can't produce instruments of the same quality as single luthiers, and they do, most commonly with the "hand made" aspect starting a lot earlier in the process than makes a material difference. Assuming that you want the spec of the models that they are making, I don't see why £10k spent on a Taylor would have automatically been better spent on something made by one person. And as can be seen seemingly daily from the classified where fine hand-built instruments go for a miserable proportion of what they would have cost, it's not a bad decision from a financial/investment perspective too......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter