Helix help - which one? Native, LT or Stomp.

What's Hot
ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2025
edited November 2018 in FX

Not sure this variant of the "which Helix should I get" has been asked yet.

I'm selling / have sold most of my pedals and still have an amp to sell but I've decided to go completely digital because
  1. I don't play out anymore. At all.
  2. I rarely (if ever) play anywhere other than in front of my PC
So - I'm sussing out the best options and reckon Helix is the way to go. I have a PreSonus Audiobox and a pair of PreSonus Eris E4.5 studio monitors already.

My cry for help, then, is...  Should I get the LT, the Stomp or Helix Native. I've downloaded the Native demo and it's great.

Given the differential of c. £500 for the LT over the Native, I'm struggling to justify the cost. 

The Stomp appeals too, but then I'm restricted to 6 blocks and none of the massive chain-of-delays-and-reverb stuff that can be fun.  But then, I reckon 92% of the time I'll have a Fender amp, reverb, tremolo and a drive and nothing else.

Anyone been in the same predicament?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If 92 percent of the time you're a fender verb n trem guy then go and download the S-Gear trial and thank me later

• I would just get native unless you need floor control?  Although I gig, I generally only use my LT for home use and do tind the physical foot switches handy for jamming.  

The stomp I see as cut if a cut down pedalboard version, for home only playing I’d go native or LT.  But that’s just me....
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2025
    Ha. Good call - I have the trial and it does sound fantastic but for that other 8% of the time, I like the 8 bagillion other fx and amps the Helix offers. 

The S-Gear is superb though and I definitely would have thanked you if I hadn't tried it.
    Cheers @menamestom - +1 for Native then. 
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    edited November 2018
    So the audio box has midi. What about Native and pick up an inexpensive midi controller for footswtchabilityness. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2018
    That's an idea! 

/runs to Google. 

Although midi could make my head explode. 
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 237
    I have a Rocktron Midi Mate for sale that would be quite useful with Native.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Chuffola said:
    That's an idea! 

/runs to Google. 

Although midi could make my head explode. 
    Midi really is a doddle :) 
    What about a stomp, then get a discount on native? 

You can do you basic stuff with the stomp, and then run that into native if you're feeling like 20 blocks of delays and split paths.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    edited November 2018
    Stomp, because audio interface latency is a pain in the ass to deal with.
  • If youve got the space and money, Id go bigger...

For me, Im all Kemper now, but do love the Helix routing options of em all. Very creative.

Ive also owned all of the Helix, and currently have the little stomp. Excellent effects sounds, like all of em, if a little lacking in amps compared to the mighty Kemper...

Still, I like the unrestricted options of the Helix Floor. I might send the Stomp back, and get me a floor...
    @sgosden Not sure there's any discount with the Stomp. Think that's only the floor and rack models but if I'm wrong let me l know. 

I'm leaning towards the Stomp- the rare occasions I'd want massive signal chains don't really justify the extra cost for me. 
  • Just FYI, there is a deal on until 2nd Dec. 30% off all software including Native. Use code CYBER30 at checkout. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

Thanks Ross. That throws a spanner in the works! But in a good way.