**please help w/ information!!**

What's Hot
LunaLuna Frets: 0
Hi Everyone, I have never been on a site like this, but last year was given 2 electric bass guitars from the parents of my friend who passed away. I have never played guitar before and its just not something i can see myself having time to learn right now. I am considering selling them but i dont know if i have properly identified them. The one i believe to be a "Tokai TB 50 electric bass" I can't find a serial number on it; however, other I believe is a Sunburst ESP LTDB 155 Electric bass 5 string, made in Indonisa. Could anyone please kindly help enlighten me with any information? It would be a huge help & greatly appreciated!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Welcome. We can't help identify them by telepathy alone; photos are a necessity.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    The Tokai TB50 is a copy of the Gibson Thunderbird design EXCEPT that it is constructed from alder and maple where the Gibson would be mahogany and walnut. Hence, it has the looks but not the sound. The traditional locations for a serial number are the headstock, the neck screw anchoring plate or embossed into the bridge. Being Chinese, your serial number could have been a self-adhesive label.

[FX: Sniggering in the background by numerous forum regulars, laughing at a long running in-joke.]

The LTD B155 is a mid-price "modern" design. It is a decent enough instrument, hampered slightly by the own brand pickups and active EQ circuitry. The DX version is better and, consequently worth slightly more.

Valuations depend on condition and whether the basses come with cases, gig bags or cardboard boxes.

Ballpark guide prices.
    Tokai TB50 = £225 - 299
    LTD B155 = £250 - 325
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The Tokai TB50 is a copy of the Gibson Thunderbird design EXCEPT that it is constructed from alder and maple where the Gibson would be mahogany and walnut. Hence, it has the looks but not the sound. The traditional locations for a serial number are the headstock, the neck screw anchoring plate or embossed into the bridge. Being Chinese, your serial number could have been a self-adhesive label.

[FX: Sniggering in the background by numerous forum regulars, laughing at a long running in-joke.]

The LTD B155 is a mid-price "modern" design. It is a decent enough instrument, hampered slightly by the own brand pickups and active EQ circuitry. The DX version is better and, consequently worth slightly more.

Valuations depend on condition and whether the basses come with cases, gig bags or cardboard boxes.

Ballpark guide prices.
    Tokai TB50 = £225 - 299
    LTD B155 = £250 - 325
    I had a vision of Fiona Bruce standing next to you as you reeled off that information...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    I had a vision of Fiona Bruce standing next to you
    You have to pay to see the full-length video. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.