H&K Switchblade

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
edited April 2014 in Amps
Got a lead on the 100w head, any thoughts, experiences or current users?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    It was an ideal gigging amp for me. Stopped me taking a ridiculously expensive amp head and ridiculously expensive pedalboard to gigs.

Thunderously loud, the cleans were quite nice, but it did high gain best. Very easy to programme once you get to used it. The original footswitches were not the most robust, but the upgraded 7pin midi later versions were better.

I got rid of it in the end as I preferred the sound of clean amp and pedals - but that was just for my ears and playing, punters wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I used one for a while - like Alex I thought it was a really good practical amp.    mine was a bit noisy with high gain though although it's possible that was a valve that needed replacing.     I only got rid of mine as I moved up to a triamp but I would be happy to gig one.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Gigged a 50W combo for a good while and loved it. A good flexible amp with pretty decent FX.

Like most amp a bit noisy at really high gain but a noise suppressor/noise gate in front or in the FX loop sorts that out.

The FX loop can be series or parallel which is really good and parallel means you unaffected direct tone is in parallel with the FX wet tone.

My old combo has been used and gigged for a further few years by the other guitarist in the band and still going strong.