Power supply options for FX

What's Hot
lentolento Frets: 116

Just trying to find a way of powering some 12v 500ma FX rather than using their separate adaptors. Had a look at the Fuel Tank options and found I'd have to spend over £200 on a pair of them !!

There surely must be another way .......

I have an IEC power conditioner that feeds my other units and ideally need something that could be plumbed into that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited April 2014
    There's a useful power supply comparison list here. Hopefully you'll find something that'll do the job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9527
    My advise is to spend as much as possible on a dedicated (eg Cioks, Voodoo Lab) power supply...

It ensures safe and silent use for years !

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    My decibel 11 hot stone deluxe has a couple of 12v outs
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    edited April 2014
    What pedals are they ? They may not necessarilly take 500mA.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

dano said:
    What pedals are they ? They may not necessarilly take 500mA.
    Agreed.  I've been running a Line 6 M5 off a 400mA output on my Hot Stone Deluxe with no problems, and that is officially 500mA. 

I've been looking at the Zoom MS70CDR and the nominal 500mA was putting me off, but it actually draws a lot less than that - possibly in the 150mA region from what I can find on the web.
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    edited April 2014

Thanks for that exhaustive list  :)

But, unfortunately only 2 or 3 would do the job, because it's 12v AC that I need - and I'd need 2 of them as well.

They are Rockman rack units. I haven't tried a lower mA as I don't have one, but have read that it's always better to overspecify them rather than under. In fact, the adaptors are rated at 750mA

However, I'm thinking it may make more sense to convert them using small 240v transformers. That way I can get them IEC powered and not lose rack space etc.

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    The Cioks AC 8 or 10 should do the job.

I need one for my Tube Factor-based set up, but even thinking of parting with the cash for a glorified plug is disturbing.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    GigRig generator. Everything up to 24v. and 5000mA (total) Never going to run out of amps, never going to run out of sockets. Very versatile. Wont do Ac though.