NGD....Take 2.....

BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
edited November 2018 in Acoustics
So after a lot of thought I returned the 712 I purchased a couple of weeks ago and paid a bit more for the 812 DLX. 

100% the right decision for me. As wonderful as the 712 was this feels like an entire class above. 

Tonally they're very similar but the 812 just has that little something extra that I can’t really put my finger on. More clarity in the lows I would say and also noticeably louder. 

Most of the upgrades are aesthetic but 100% worth it for me, I could sit and look at this guitar all day, it’s absolutely stunning. I love the streaky ebony in the fingerboard and the maple binding and rosewood pickguard is lovely.

I know it’s a bit marmite but I also really love the look of the armrest. 

This very definitley is a guitar for life. I mean it this time, honest. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Absolutely lovely. I'm a real fan of naturally streaky ebony, it's been great to see Bob Taylor making people wake up to the realities on that one. The whole guitar looks like a great synergy of features. If it sound good now. imagine just how good it will be in a few years time when you have played the hell out of it. Congratulations .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    artiebear said:
    Absolutely lovely. I'm a real fan of naturally streaky ebony, it's been great to see Bob Taylor making people wake up to the realities on that one. The whole guitar looks like a great synergy of features. If it sound good now. imagine just how good it will be in a few years time when you have played the hell out of it. Congratulations .
    Yeah I love reading the articles on sustainability etc from Taylor, makes you think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom