Wilder vs Fury Highlights?

What's Hot
Anyone know of any links to watch the fight? Sounds like a good one...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Damn! Really wanted Fury to win. Hats off to him for a great comeback, he's a proper fighter.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    I listened on the radio. Despite the knockdowns nearly everyone had fury as the winner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30874
    I find it ironic that he moans about the British judge when, through his homophobia, mysogeny and bigotry, he's disenfranchised 50% of the country. First class wanker and I hope some beats him shitless one day.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited December 2018
    To be honest the fight was crap, couldn't believe it was for the WBC heavyweight title, Wilder must be the worst holder of the title ever, I only watched it as wanted to see one of them lose, I felt robbed, let alone Fury.

Whyte v Chisora though, looking forward to that one.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Didn't think the fight was that great.  Result was probably fair as you don't expect to lose a fight if you knock your opponent down twice. 

Fury looked/behaved like he was coked off his tits.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    Fury clearly won - Lost two rounds to knockdowns, but he clearly won.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Wilder spent the whole fight looking for one punch, apart from the 2 knockdowns he didn’t win a single round imho. Not sure I can be arsed getting up to watch boxing again now, after the last few fight (ggg-Canelo) some of the scoring is just corrupt 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    Wilder spent the whole fight looking for one punch, apart from the 2 knockdowns he didn’t win a single round imho. Not sure I can be arsed getting up to watch boxing again now, after the last few fight (ggg-Canelo) some of the scoring is just corrupt 
    +1
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Wilder spent the whole fight looking for one punch, apart from the 2 knockdowns he didn’t win a single round imho. Not sure I can be arsed getting up to watch boxing again now, after the last few fight (ggg-Canelo) some of the scoring is just corrupt 
    That;s what he always does because he's only got that one punch. It's a good one but it doesn't really make him a boxer.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    To be honest I think that the boxing scoring system is a shambolic mess these days. Too many disgraceful results. They need a better system, the sport needs modernising. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I just cannot understand why it isn't open scoring so the boxers know who's winning. It's ludicrous.

For those who say it would turn one fighter defensive if he knows he's winning, I'd say that doesn't seem matter in every other sport!! 
  • I might be cynical and way off the mark, but it almost seems as if modern boxing is set up like the film industry - a sequence of films/events strategically set up to maximise profit and nothing else - in this case, guaranteed rematches etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Fuengi said:
    I just cannot understand why it isn't open scoring so the boxers know who's winning. It's ludicrous.

For those who say it would turn one fighter defensive if he knows he's winning, I'd say that doesn't seem matter in every other sport!! 
    On the contrary, more sports should adopt closed scoring. Don't tell footballers the score and let them find  out at the end
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rewatched it, and the judge that scored it to Wilder gave the first 4 rounds to him, which was not the same as anyone else seen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263

If you want to win a belt from an American champion in the US, you need to knock them out. They did the same to Lewis v Holyfield.

Hopefully we get a rematch at Wembley and Fury takes it on points. Don't think he'd knock Wilder out tbh.

On Fury's apparent bigotry mentioned by @gassage - I'm no particular fan of Fury, but I don't know how genuinely he holds these views. He's a real nutter. Complex character. Ignorant and narrow minded, but possibly decent deep down. He's had to eat some humble pie, and rightly so, for some of the crap he's come out with.

However, at the risk of stereotyping, he's come from traveller culture, and is an old school catholic: not the most tolerant of groups eh?

• matdotcodotmatdotcodot Frets: 179
    edited December 2018
    Snap said:

If you want to win a belt from an American champion in the US, you need to knock them out. They did the same to Lewis v Holyfield.

Hopefully we get a rematch at Wembley and Fury takes it on points. Don't think he'd knock Wilder out tbh.

On Fury's apparent bigotry mentioned by @gassage - I'm no particular fan of Fury, but I don't know how genuinely he holds these views. He's a real nutter. Complex character. Ignorant and narrow minded, but possibly decent deep down. He's had to eat some humble pie, and rightly so, for some of the crap he's come out with.

However, at the risk of stereotyping, he's come from traveller culture, and is an old school catholic: not the most tolerant of groups eh?

+1 I think he just blurts thinks out TBH, seems genuinely decent deep down, brave to speak out about mental health issues coming from a macho traveller culture and all that.

You have to knock someone out in the US just to get a draw really.

If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

• SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    He's also good entertainment in what is a very dull sport in terms of characters. I think AJ would do Wilder, but it would be hard to call between AJ and Fury, for sure.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Snap said:
    He's also good entertainment in what is a very dull sport in terms of characters. I think AJ would do Wilder, but it would be hard to call between AJ and Fury, for sure.
    On paper AJ beats them both I think, moves better than Wilder and boxes reasonably well with much more power than Fury, the thing which calls me to question is the Wilder vs Ortiz fight, he is bext boxer in the division I would say and has decent power and ran rings round Wilder who still beat him and was a couple of seconds from knocking out Fury.  Genuinely interesting set of fights to come hopefully.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Haven't watched a boxing match in years due to the shite scoring and the rampant corruption.
    Looks like not much has changed.