Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your favourite amp

What's Hot
hhawkinshhawkins Frets: 29
edited December 2018 in Amps
What are a few of your favourite amps that you’ve owned/played? 

Mine:

Two Rock Classic Reverb 
‘69 Vibrolux (original) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I've not played many 'classic' amps so will also be interested.

My favourite amp I have played is a Fender Super Sonic 22, so that's the height of my experience. 

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    edited December 2018
    Fuengi said:

My favourite amp I have played is a Fender Super Sonic 22, so that's the height of my experience. 

Snap.......except my fave is the super sonic 100 twin with Celestion golds which I still have
  • Fender 59 Bassman.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Favourite I've owned is my Marshall 2525C. Favourite I've played is either a Marshall JMP 2104 or a 1959HW cranked up through greenbacks. Highly impractical though and my ears may have sustained some damage, but what a tone.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited December 2018
    Fender Twin mk II (I had 2 of them), truly amazing amp IMO
    Fender Dual Showman Reverb late 70s
    Fender Vibro Champ 70s(?)
    Fender Super 60 red-knob
    Roland JC120 chorus (Oh yeah! Wish I still had it)
    Peavey Classic 50 4x10 combo (it had a phaser)
    Park MV 100 (late 70s - a Marshall MV really as you know)
    Vox AC10 which is sounding f***in' great at the moment, completely rebuilt

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    edited December 2018
    Fot me, my favourite two amps I've ever owned aret the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, or the Fender Greta. Had quite a few more expensive efforts since but nothing has been nicer than those two for my type of playing.

If I had the space for the HRD again I'd be happy. The Greta is sadly now hard to find locally and shot up in price considerably
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Fuengi said:

I once played a Supersonic 22 in PMT in Bristol when I was trying out a guitar. I absolutely loved it. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Tough call but it would be either my supervasd or jubilee - both sound amazing and aren’t going anywhere.  
  • Peavey 6505+
    Mesa Dual Rectifier
    Marshall JCM900
    Fender Twin
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    edited December 2018
    Fot me, my favourite two amps I've ever owned aret the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, or the Fender Greta. Had quite a few more expensive efforts since but nothing has been nicer than those two for my type of playing.

If I had the space for the HRD again I'd be happy. The Greta is sadly now hard to find locally and shot up in price considerably
    Did you use the Greta's internal speaker or ext? I've been tempted by one of these a couple of times, the aux in could be really handy, plus the table top friendliness, but I've always been a bit put off by the speaker.

Vox Pathfinder 15R and Fender Princeton Recording Amp are my faves.
  • Rift Vibro 63.
     Rift Tweed 15.
     Rivera Jazz Suprema.

The Vibro 63 is a glorious Amp with Reverb and Tremolo onboard. The Tweed is a 5E3 in a TV Cabinet, and useful for the times when I fancy carrying around something less weighty than the Vibro 63. The Jazz Suprema is warm and clean with a beautiful Reverb, and it's my main practice Amp at home.
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    Bogner 20th XTC by a mile.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
     The Jazz Suprema is warm and clean with a beautiful Reverb, and it's my main practice Amp at home.
    The 50w 1x15" version of this is one of my dream amps....... :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Hughes and Kettner Zentera 100w combo. Simply the best most authentic modelling amp I've ever played. Stupidly expensive at over £2500 in its day with Z-board, but stunningly good. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Love my Magnatone Twilighter
  • frownfrown Frets: 32
    I’m a Mesa Boogie kinda guy:

Fave amp is Electradyne.

Notable other ones; Trem-O-Verb, Lone Star [Classic], Stiletto Ace and for practicing Subway Blues.

Gutted I had to sell TOV few years ago, ED, LSC, SA and SB make up for it! 
  • Cornford RK100
    Cornford MK50
    Cornford Hellcat 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:

Did you use the Greta's internal speaker or ext? I've been tempted by one of these a couple of times, the aux in could be really handy, plus the table top friendliness, but I've always been a bit put off by the speaker.

Vox Pathfinder 15R and Fender Princeton Recording Amp are my faves.
    I only used the internal speaker as it was just a home amp to sit on the desk but it sounded perfect for my kind of noodling. Especially with a slap back delay into it.

I nearly trekked half way across the country to get a princeton recording amp but didn't as I got a 68 reissue instead, I'm glad I didn't trek that far as I never really liked the Princeton so would have been admitte about the jaunt!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Cornford Hurricane. Old story, but it didn't have the headroom to keep up with a loud drummer, so I replaced it with a (lovely) Rivera. Regret it. Should have replaced the drummer! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I've owned one amp for 10 years (Soldano HR50+) and never felt the need for anything else other than moving to an SLO.

Before that I owned 3 Marshalls in a row and a Peavey as my first amp.

I remember my Marshall 6100 20 odd years ago being a nice amp, but glad I don't currently own one as I've heard they were a bitch to service or work on.