SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Fender Jazzmaster Classic Player £300 price drop to £280 Please Read Description

kramereekrameree Frets: 100
edited December 2018 in Guitars £
Hi
I have a Jazzmaster which has a broken truss rod. The nut on the end turns and doesn't do anything. It could need a new truss rod nut but dont know for sure. I was going to put a new neck on it but decided I'd let it go instead..
The guitar is in great condition with only a few marks..Collection from GU24 9XA

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44310945_10156558125390353_5547615673477234688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=d6a2a1a4a573a70047e85b4da6d66cc1&oe=5CA410FA
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Pics aren’t working for me.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 100
    @jonnyburgo ; they look to be working, i can see it in the post
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Yep, just wasn't showing on iphone for some reason
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Realistically what are the rough costs involved in fixing a broken truss rod? Or is it really a new neck situation? I'm local enough to be tempted...
    I’ve no idea about repair cost...this being the classic player it fits any normal strat neck..
  • mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 60
    edited December 2018
    If you find yourself interested in trades, I have a 1970s mij (fuji gen) antoria telecaster thinline if you look into them its a rebadged ibanez, if you are interested could put £50 cash in to, or a tanglewood sg copy its mahogany set neck, older shape its pretty much an epiphone g400 with a more Gibson esque headstock, it has Wilkinson zebras in it
    @mstill1984 I’m not looking for trades on this. If no one wants her I will either buy a replacement neck or have a luthier have a go at fixing the original neck
  • Cheers, I may be interested, just need to make some enquiries on a quote for fixing a truss rod
    A brand new neck from Fender is £210 but it may be a lot cheaper to repair if a luthier has the correct tools
    A few people have asked...I’m happy to ship this if paid via PayPal FF and will take the neck off so it can fit in a smallish box
    Bump in it up.. still available
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    For anyone looking at this fab beastie and wanting to replace the neck, I have a really lovely Strat neck that didn’t get used on the project I bought it for. 

Its the rosewood board version from the Classic Player 60’s model. As designed by the Custom Shop folks and considered to be best part of the best Strat out of Mexico. 

I went with a maple board Tele neck on my build in the end and I’ve been really tempted to get this guitar as it looks like great value but common sense is muttering loudly in my ear. :(
    This will fit any standard strat neck and if you use a neck with truss rod adjustment at the head it making setting the neck relief a lot easier. I was going to buy a warmoth where the truss rod adjustment is accessed from the side of the neck heal..

• Maxx77Maxx77 Frets: 20
    sucks you dont post it
    I will post at the buyers expense and provided the payment is a PayPal gift/friends and family
  • BornFromAJackalBornFromAJackal Frets: 34
    edited December 2018
    PMd
  • Did you ever sell this?