Eternal Guitars & Hot Rod Pickups

What's Hot
ash96ash96 Frets: 61
edited December 2018 in Guitar
Any of you guys heard of THESE?
Found out about them recently and I'm blown away! Hand made guitars, from a luthier based in Sussex (Chichester kinda area). You can pick spec, wood, finish, neck size / shape / radius, everything pretty much!

Lovely guitars, and their pickups are awesome. The guitar I played was literally my perfect strat sound. That old school quackiness on the in between positions and the neck was that John Mayer tone. They hand wire their pickups so you can get any set with a percentage overwound or anything to fatten bits up and have a higher output etc.

I just bought some of their pickups that are Tele pickups but similar to P90 style pickups. They aren't P90's but apparently sound a lot more like them, I'll let you know I get on.

The main question is, how do I justify buying a custom made strat when I've already got a nice Tom Anderson? haha.

As you all love pictures so much, here's the one I tried out!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got an Eternal Tele and I love it. One of the nicest guitars I have. It's got a gold foil in the neck and a bigsby on it now so it looks a little different to below.

I wanted something that had a patina to it, but wasn't totally beaten up like a CS Relic (so like the 'journeyman' range Fender have now).

Dave Walsh at Eternal was a pleasure to deal with through the whole process. Convinced me to go for a 'soft V' shape neck and I'm so glad he did; it's beautiful.

He was a one man shop back when I ordered mine, I'm not sure if they have expanded since. The price was also very reasonable (a lot less than Fender CS, and it was nice to support a UK builder).

I'd say go for it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    raulduke said:
    I've got an Eternal Tele and I love it. One of the nicest guitars I have. It's got a gold foil in the neck and a bigsby on it now so it looks a little different to below.

I wanted something that had a patina to it, but wasn't totally beaten up like a CS Relic (so like the 'journeyman' range Fender have now).

Dave Walsh at Eternal was a pleasure to deal with through the whole process. Convinced me to go for a 'soft V' shape neck and I'm so glad he did; it's beautiful.

He was a one man shop back when I ordered mine, I'm not sure if they have expanded since. The price was also very reasonable (a lot less than Fender CS, and it was nice to support a UK builder).

He's pretty much still a one man shop as far as I believe. He's got a couple of other people who help / assistants / apprentices etc. But I believe he does most himself with regards to builds and that.

They are great value for money I think. Not cheap, but the guitar you get in comparison to the same money from fender is crazy.
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited December 2018
    Dave Walsh is my go to repair guy. Lovely bloke and great service and craftsmanship. He recently worked on two of my Strats, including refretting my '64 with 6100, and he did a great setup on my Martin OM28V, including a new saddle and nut. I've played and admired a few Eternal guitars, all top quality.  Most guitar players in this area use him, and my bass player is a regular visitor. Definitely recommended.

• I’ve heard they’re very well made - apparently they last forever....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Although Guthrie can make anything sound good, I always loved the look of this strat and just found out its an Eternal Guitar!