Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Out of Office.

What's Hot

Comments

• So sorry to read this.   Thank you for everything you have done and for building a place that we want to come to.
    Miss you already.    

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    All the best @TTony, happy retirement, thanks for everything!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Farewell @TTony, I would personally like to thank you for your role in the creation of the fretboard, I have learned a lot since I discovered this place. I mean it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy at times but its still better than any of the other guitar related sites I have found, by quite someway.

good 
    luck in your future endevours. 
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    Shame you're leaving. I accidentally fell on this place over 3 years ago whilst looking to buy a particular guitar and visit virtually everyday. I probably don't contribute as much as i should but thoroughly enjoy the reads. All the best.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I don’t know what’s gone off, but I’m sorry you feel you have to leave. Thanks for everything, man!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    A great shame, but probably inevitable given how much of a thankless task moderating a forum like this can be and all credit to Tony that he lasted a year longer than I did.

My only conclusion can be that @digitalscream has super human powers of patience and reason for not going mental and climbing a clock tower with a sniper rifle before now.

FWIW I know @TTony a bit in real life and he is an absolutely top bloke and undeserving of the amount of shit and snidey comments that he seemed to attract. The forum is much the poorer for his loss.

I don't spend that much time on the forum these days so I'm not privy to the straw that broke the camels back, but to whichever entitled keyboard warrior pushed him over the edge I hope the point you scored was worth putting the future of the forum at risk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Sad that's it's come to this, and think it's worth remembering that regardless of any recent differences of opinion, we all owe Tony and Lee etc a lot of gratitude for the very many good things that have resulted from this site
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Sad news, been a week for it so far, just like to say a big thank you @TTony for creating this place (along with @digitalscream , @Sporky and @Jalapeno ) in the first place and creating a new home after the death of the old place.

You'll be missed but I'm sure you won't miss the never ending keyboard dramas that go on!

Enjoy the peace
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Many thanks for all the great work. Much appreciated! Sorry you took so much flak, it wuz never me, honest guv!
  • Shame-you came across as a thoroughly decent chap

hope you find some online peace and quiet and are able to return as a member 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Oh - I thought these sites just appeared all on their own and didn't take any effort to set up or run!

Have a good 'un!
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    Very sad news. One of the best. All the best @TTony ;
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    @TTony such a shame to see you go matey... it's been a real pleasure..

the very best wishes to you in all your future endeavours...

take care matey..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Cheers Tony.  The member ejection threads were always a highlight. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 449
    Sorry to hear this.  Thanks for all your hard work and I hope that everything is okay in you life, and that you can still enjoy making music, and perhaps interacting here in the future?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4287
    TTFN

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Is there anything we can do to keep you? Salary rise? More holiday? Job title change? Every other Friday off?

If no, then all the best and thanks for a largely great forum (I have a real
    knack of avoiding the twats, whereas your position would have only attracted them)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for your help and support during the time I've spent on this forum @TTony - Keep in touch and still hope to see you at the Brum Show, or indeed other shows - Think we are closer to you in the new year at New Market show

Sorry to hear it has come to this but hardly surprised to hear the news - At times I think it has become a hiding to nothing for you - It is a shame and maybe it has become a beast to control - Yet it is still a very good forum and the guitar business, in many ways, is better for what FB has offered over the last few years

I hope FB continues to be around for many more years

I wish you all the best - Keep in touch and we'll chat about the 513 another day - Mark
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think it's a shame at all.

Tony is bringing the aggravation to a close, and getting on with his life. I'm glad. 

I for one hope this time Tony that you make this permanent. 

You've done more than put a shift in, and as someone who hasn't always seen eye to eye with you, my respect for the graft you've put in is unequivocal. 

Stand back and see what you've been part of achieving, and have not a second of either regret or remorse. 

Mission accomplished. 

You're a good lad. 

Paul.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I don't think it's a shame at all.

Tony is bringing the aggravation to a close, and getting on with his life. I'm glad. 

I for one hope this time Tony that you make this permanent. 

You've done more than put a shift in, and as someone who hasn't always seen eye to eye with you, my respect for the graft you've put in is unequivocal. 

Stand back and see what you've been part of achieving, and have not a second of either regret or remorse. 

Mission accomplished. 

You're a good lad. 

Paul.

Wiz!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.