Got my RSL Grade 2 results today

This was my first exam so I was pleased (and quite surprised) to get a distinction with 90/100! Eyes down for Grade 3...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 338
    @drpbier ;

Well done, not started with my Grade 1 yet, maybe in the new year.  90% means you must be doing something right I guess!  How have you found it i.e boring, useful, challenging etc and any tips?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Congrats! Is this for acoustic or electric?

I got one of my learners sitting their Grade 2 acoustic on Sunday, we did our final preparations last night. They should be ok.
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 15
    edited December 6
    Thanks @Shrews. I really enjoyed it. Before I started on the grades I was using Guitar Tricks for about 9 months, with the coaching 'Plus' membership - which I liked and found useful. However this suits me better as it's more progressive and quantifiable. I see a local teacher fortnightly and he determined that I was at Grade 2 level so that's where I started. I found the pieces quite challenging  - some parts were easy but there were passages in all 3 I really struggled to get under my fingers until I slowed them RIGHT down and repeated them over and over and increased the beat by 5bpm until they were up to tempo. I had about 7 months to prepare, picked pieces that I liked and practiced every day. Towards the end I was using the pieces, scales and chords as a warm up and started on the Grade 3 pieces, for some variety.
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 15
    It was electric 
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9301
    well done keep up the good work
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself