GAS Negotiator?

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
Sometimes I think it would be handy to have someone dedicated to talking us down from another impulse purchase we apparently can't live without.

You know the guys in the movies who talk jumpers off high buildings or bridges? That's the kind of chat you need before you pull the trigger on that bigsby loaded SG or yet another boutique delay pedal.

Anyone trained for this? 
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    are they not called 'wives'?  :)
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12344
    Jump. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    F**k off. SPLATTTT!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Please! 
    I've got £450 burning a hole in my pocket*. I'm TRYING to resist a LP Jr or Jazzmaster**.
    I KNOW I don't NEED anything, but oh the shiny, shiny things. 

*I sold a guitar a  week or two ago, so the money went into my separate GAS fund. 

** Anyone got one for sale? ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Please! 
    I've got £450 burning a hole in my pocket*. I'm TRYING to resist a LP Jr or Jazzmaster**.

*I sold a guitar a  week or two ago, so the money went into my separate GAS fund. 

"Hey, what's your name fella? Its ok, the last thing I want to do it talk you of buying that P90 loaded Jazzmaster buddy, lord knows you need it more than your kids need shoes..."

That kind of thing might be handy. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Don't deny yourself anything, be happy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1343
    Quite the contrary. What you need is an enabler, to remove any unnecessary pangs of guilt and remind you that your intended discretionary purchase, however modest, will indeed bring perpetual happiness and satisfaction.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    GuyR said:
    Quite the contrary. What you need is an enabler, to remove any unnecessary pangs of guilt and remind you that your intended discretionary purchase, however modest, will indeed bring perpetual happiness and satisfaction.
    Aaaa
             a
               a
                 a
                   a
                     a
                       a
                          h
                            h
                              h
                                h

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Fuengi said:
    GuyR said:
    Aaaa
             a
               a
                 a
                   a
                     a
                       a
                          h
                            h
                              h
                                h
                                 h 
                                  oooh!
    fify :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I just reason that the money would be better spent on drugs and prostitutes. Works for me.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12344
    Sassafras said:
    I just reason that the money would be better spent on drugs and prostitutes. Works for me.
    Those are just day to day expenses though like food and rent, not to be confused with GAS funds.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Fuengi said:
    Sometimes I think it would be handy to have someone dedicated to talking us down from another impulse purchase we apparently can't live without.

You know the guys in the movies who talk jumpers off high buildings or bridges? That's the kind of chat you need before you pull the trigger on that bigsby loaded SG or yet another boutique delay pedal.

Anyone trained for this? 
    I’ve met two people involved in this type of thing. The first was a surgeon who was fed up stitching a guys wrists together after a sucide attempt. I think he’d had to do it three times. So he told the patient how to do it properly ... and never saw him again.

The other was a drug support team who was plagued by a caller who wanted to be talked out of suicide. Eventually he broke the rules and said “If you’re going to then just fucking do it and stop wasting my time”. This guy didn’t. It was the shock he needed.

If your case why not take one for the team and tell us about it afterwards? Then we can enjoy your acquisition without having to spend anything ourselves.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Roland said:
    Fuengi said:

Anyone trained for this? 
    I’ve met two people involved in this type of thing. The first was a surgeon who was fed up stitching a guys wrists together after a sucide attempt. I think he’d had to do it three times. So he told the patient how to do it properly ... and never saw him again.

The other was a drug support team who was plagued by a caller who wanted to be talked out of suicide. Eventually he broke the rules and said “If you’re going to then just fucking do it and stop wasting my time”. This guy didn’t. It was the shock he needed.

If your case why not take one for the team and tell us about it afterwards? Then we can enjoy your acquisition without having to spend anything ourselves.
    Strange. I wonder how the guy still managed to slash his wrists when they were stitched together.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Please! 

Oh come ON.....You don't need a Jazz master.... That's so NOT you.

Besides you have so many things to get for Xmas coming up.

;)
  • I've got massive GAS, I've got my eye out for a whole new rig!
  • I've got massive GAS, I've got my eye out for a whole new rig!
    Only one?  :-)
  • Fuengi said:

Anyone trained for this? 
    You must be the only one here who's not in denial, other than me....(I think?!)

Maybe a samartans style hotline?

Perhaps a rehab style mutual support circle too. A tearful Mr. Bonamassa stands up saying "My name is Joe and I have too many guitars". A restrained round of applause from the circle. Rob Chapman is among them somewhere too
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Hit them with the resale value, e.g.trade-in price from GuitarGuitar. 

That'll learn 'em I tell thee.
    Have just had a good talk to myself about not buying this.

El Maya Mustang 1970s Sunburst + Case https://reverb.com/item/17327971-el-maya-mustang-1970s-sunburst-case?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Fuengi said:
    Have just had a good talk to myself about not buying this.

El Maya Mustang 1970s Sunburst + Case https://reverb.com/item/17327971-el-maya-mustang-1970s-sunburst-case?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share
    Seems like a high price.
    Surely you could get some sort of real Fender Mustang for that sort of money?