SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Cheap Allparts CBS strat maple (bullet truss)

rexterrexter Frets: 369
edited December 2018 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Jazzmaster neck sold

Firstly - Allparts JZRO - this one is an anomaly. I haven't used it because the heel is wider than it should be - my calipers measure 56.60mm. While this is just a little too wide for most USA/Mex?Squier and repro neck pockets it should work fine with a Japanese body or any other with a slightly wider neck pocket. Whether this was a manufacturing anomaly or it was made for the Japanese market I have no idea! I've used tonnes of allparts necks and never encountered this before! Never been installed on a guitar, no holes
£sold elsewhere

Another allparts neck - this one is the LMO with vintage specs
https://www.allparts.com/LMO-Large-Headstock-1-Piece-Maple-Neck_p_4370.html

Got it in a bundle of parts in a trade - it's not very old according to previous owner, used for a few months on a Jazzmaster, but looks way older! You can see it must have previously had a tinted finish on it which was removed (still in evidence near heel). Then i think it was finished with tru oil or some other oil - you can see darker flecks in the grain. Looks a bit ratty, but 100% functional, actually feels very nice and smooth in the hand. It has a Tusq nut on there and looks like they dressed the fret ends to take the sharpness off. Neck mounting holes look to have been drilled straight and should fit standard fender pockets.

£100 shipped in UK

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Jazzmaster neck sold - maple still available 
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • Do you have the dims for the depth at the 1st and 12th frets?
    tFB Trader
    Do you have the dims for the depth at the 1st and 12th frets?
    Good question! According to the allparts spec it's:
    • Neck thickness 0.87" at first fret, 0.96" at twelfth fret
    I can double check that with the calipers at the workshop tomorrow - bug me to do it as I'm likely to forget - running around like a maniac at the moment! 
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    Sold, thanks James!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk