Green J45 ?

What's Hot

This looks like a good deal, …. Possibly due to the unconventional colour :

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170823313698008--gibson-j-45-olive-green-2018

What do you reckon cool or not cool?  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Own up, who bought it?  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
    Ha. I was seriously considering it. Too late now.
    Not my cup of tea but there was a Pelham blue one a few years ago that I wish I'd bought. 

How much was it up for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It was £1,499.  Down from £2,699.  If they had one in black I would have jumped on it. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    What an ugly colour! For me acoustic aesthetics are all about the natural bare woods used but each to their own.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    terada said:
    Stevie Wonder?

That is vile.

Fishboy7 said:
    It was £1,499.  Down from £2,699.  If they had one in black I would have jumped on it. 
    If they had had one in black, they wouldn't have needed to reduce it by £1200 to sell it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4158
    Hmmm....regardless of colour, I'd worry that for the price and as a standard production guitar, they wouldn't have been able to execute that finish thinly enough for my liking.
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    Stevie Wonder?

That is vile.

Fishboy7 said:
    If they had had one in black, they wouldn't have needed to reduce it by £1200 to sell it.
    Weirdly the J45 in black that I was looking at earlier this year was also reduced significantly in order to move it on, I believe it came down from £2300 ish to £1500 ish.

People just don't seem to like solid colour acoustics. The black one was lovely in person though, I was close but that the time I was purchasing it wasn't reduced.
  • There’s an orange one at Glenn’s Guitars
    http://www.glennsguitars.com/guitars/gibson/photos-81/page85.html
    There’s an orange one at Glenn’s Guitars
    http://www.glennsguitars.com/guitars/gibson/photos-81/page85.html

That looks lovely.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72235
    I can imagine some possible greens that would look nice on a J-45. That isn't one of them.

I can also imagine some things that green might look OK on... I think. Most of them are military.

Even at £1499 you'd have to actually like it in some perverse way, or be willing to refinish it yourself at no cost, for it to be attractive.

The orange and black ones are beautiful though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    edited December 2018
    I actually like that *in theory*. In practice I wouldn’t have the guts to be seen in public with it. 

The walnut burst J15 I ordered from that very sale - rather more tasteful I hope. 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I really liked the olive green.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Ha ha .you are all more right than you can imagine! I have reserved it to try tomorrow.i am indeed sight impaired with optic nerve damage and I have served in the military. Kind of like the colour as I saw an olive Gibson in A Star is Born and this is a great price for a J45 standard,
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha ha .you are all more right than you can imagine! I have reserved it to try tomorrow.i am indeed sight impaired with optic nerve damage and I have served in the military. Kind of like the colour as I saw an olive Gibson in A Star is Born and this is a great price for a J45 standard,
    Great - hope you like it.  I suspect the colour looks better in reality than the GG stock pictures.  Definitely a good deal at £1,499.  :) 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    Fishboy7 said:
    Ha ha .you are all more right than you can imagine! I have reserved it to try tomorrow.i am indeed sight impaired with optic nerve damage and I have served in the military. Kind of like the colour as I saw an olive Gibson in A Star is Born and this is a great price for a J45 standard,
    Great - hope you like it.  I suspect the colour looks better in reality than the GG stock pictures.  Definitely a good deal at £1,499.  :) 

It can't really look any worse, so you aren't really going out on a limb with that prediction.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson must have ordered a shitload of that green paint as they've been putting it on loads of things - 335s, 330s, les pauls,etc. 

I actually think it could suit an SG quite well if not too shiny, but maybe a small solidbody doesn't use up enough of the stuff..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I hope @Lukepalmer returns to give us an update on his adventure to Guitar Guitar to try it out and what he thought of it/did he buy it.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    I have a 345 in that colour, which I think is what the guy plays in A Star Is Born. It's a fabulous guitar.

I think it's beautiful on a semi but it's not doing it for me at all on that acoustic. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • I wouldn't
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself