Help ID’ing this Marshall Mini Head..

cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
edited December 2018 in Amps
Went to see a rolling stones tribute band earlier this week and one of the guitarists was using a LP through this marshall mini head.
It sounded amazing. Does anyone know which model that is?

thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks like the JTM145
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited December 2018
    Looks like the JTM145
    At first glance yes, but this one has the golden knobs and backplate + the pilot light sits in between 2 switches (assume on/off and stand by)
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited December 2018
    Could be an EVA 36w Head, I had one years back and the light was between the switches.

Edit:

Similar one here:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/67735/
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    tFB Trader
    That’s a clone, probably an 18w/5w Ampmaker kit in a Chris Uff cabinet.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72261
    You can tell it’s not a real Marshall because the proportions and knob spacing look right...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Probably not an ampmaker kit because they don’t generally have standby switches, or at least recent ones don’t. There are quite a few 18W kits with a TMB tone stack.
  • Thanks guys .. oh well it was a great sounding amp. Clean with just a little hair.. the guy was controlling everything with the vol knob and kicking a Xotic SL pedal for solos.

Great gig, it was a 50 years celebration of Beggars Banquet in the hotel they used for the album's photoshoot.
    The band's site: https://www.nottherollingstones.com/

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited December 2018
    @cbellanga send him a mail via the ir website and compliment his tone. If he is like any of us here, you won't get him to shut up about his gear and that really he'd rather be using his Helix/Katana/modellers but the other members won't let him...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    @cbellanga send him a mail via the ir website and compliment his tone. If he is like any of us here, you won't get him to shut up about his gear and that really he'd rather be using his Helix/Katana/modellers but the other members won't let him...
    Haha yeah that’s an idea.. I may even convince him to sell me that old piece of tech :)
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Maybe the older Ampmaker SE5, he hasn't done those for a while but it looks similar.