Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Goodbye to a dog with a Forum link

What's Hot
Sadly has to have one of our dogs put down this week. She was an old girl at 18 so she had a really long and fulfilling life. But time had taken it’s toll and she was struggling too much to carry on. 

Thought I’d post this as she drew a couple of fretboard charity raffles.. so we lost a sort of unofficial fretboarder as well. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorry to hear that. Eighteen is a great innings for a dog though, so she had a good life.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Sorry to hear that. Eighteen is a great innings for a dog though, so she had a good life.
    Yes, there’s no doubt about that - she had a very long and fulfilling life, and certainly squeezed every drop out of it. She was born in South Africa so strictly she was an immigrant! 

I guess the difficult bit is as she was around for so long, the hole she leaves is a big one.. 
  • Very sorry to hear this, mate - having to ‘do the right thing’ by an animal you love is a heart-breaking experience.
  • Very sorry to hear this, mate - having to ‘do the right thing’ by an animal you love is a heart-breaking experience.
    ^ This ^

My sympathies
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Very sorry to hear this, mate - having to ‘do the right thing’ by an animal you love is a heart-breaking experience.
    ^ This ^

My sympathies
    Yes, it is heartbreaking. It’s left a big hole and there’s a lot of adjusting for us all. It’s interesting to watch our other dogs adapt. We had it done at home, which for us humans is actually harder, but for the dogs it seems it was easier. Rather than one of the “pack” just disappearing and not coming back, they were around, and it was clear they knew what had happened and seem to have adjusted far quicker and far better for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I'm pretty new here, and don't know you of course, but you have my sympathies 100%. She evidently had a life full of love and affection, which probably isn't much consolation right now, but will be. As someone that has gone through this twice, I empathise absolutely, and if a PM chat or anything would be of help, do feel free. All the misery that you experience when they're gone is more than counterbalanced by the happiness they bring when they're here. 
    Call me Dave.
  • Sincere condolences.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Commiserations. It’s hard to lose a dog at any age but when they’ve been a part of your life so long that must leave a big hole.  :/  Our Lab has been gone for over a year now and sometimes I still expect him to be at the door when we get home. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Sorry :(

Not just a pet, they're a proper person in the family.. All the best.
  • Sorry to hear this. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sorry to read this.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

All sympathies Mr B, sad news.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    So very sorry to read this. Absolutely sucks whatever the circumstances.
  • Ah man that's such a shame really sorry to hear that
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    edited December 2018
    Sorry mate.

My dog's been given 6 months. He's only 5.
    Deadman said:
    Sorry mate.

Mate, that’s heartbreaking. It’s hard enough when they have had a good long life. 
  • Dogspeed ol' doggo!
    Deadman said:
    Sorry mate.

Mate, that’s heartbreaking. It’s hard enough when they have had a good long life. 
    Thanks mate, I know. His right atrium is detached and his heart is swelling up as a result. Just gonna keep enjoying him (he's great company) and give him a great life till the end.
    Deadman said:
    Deadman said:
    Sorry mate.

Thanks mate, I know. His right atrium is detached and his heart is swelling up as a result. Just gonna keep enjoying him (he's great company) and give him a great life till the end.
    Yeah, that’s all you can do - enjoy every day you have with him mate. And if I’ve learned anything over the years - take as many photos as you can of him. You can never take too many.
    It's all we do mate lol. Thanks for the tip. We're going to create a scrap book.

Once again, sorry for your old girl. Have a good evening ;)