Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Goodbye to a dog with a Forum link

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Deadman said:
    It's all we do mate lol. Thanks for the tip. We're going to create a scrap book.

Once again, sorry for your old girl. Have a good evening ;)
    You too mate - give yours a hug from me :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7132
    You did the right thing for her, so as sad as it is and upsetting for everyone, you helped her when she needed it the most.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• m_cm_c Frets: 1229
    It's always sad losing a dog.

Our last one was around the same age (she came from the cat and dog home, so we never knew her exact age, but they estimated she was 12-18months old when we got her), and despite a few overnight stays at the vet for strokes over her final few years, one morning she just stayed in her bed curled up.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
     :(
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Deadman said:
    Sorry mate.

My dog's been given 6 months. He's only 5.
    Oh, no - I'm so sorry, It's devastating, and you have my utmost sympathy. I'm not sure if anyone can be of any help, but if you need to PM, please do. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Sorry to hear that news @bridgehouse , take care mate.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    My heart goes out to you. It's the hardest decision you have to make as an owner. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 562
    edited December 2018
    Ahh, sorry to hear man, but as I’m sure you know now, it’s the final act of love you can do for your dog. I’ve been there, it hurts a lot but it’s a dignified way to go. No pain, no fear just emptiness for those left behind. 

Honour her memory by filling the gap with another, when the time is right  3
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Sorry to hear that. Losing a dog is such a terrible thing, it has always put me off having one to be honest. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    axisus said:
    Sorry to hear that. Losing a dog is such a terrible thing, it has always put me off having one to be honest. 
    It is horrendous.
    I've lost relatives before that affected me an order of magnitude less than when Scarlett (bulldog) died.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3612
    So sorry to hear that, it's heartbreaking.

Have had to endure it a couple of times myself. 
    axisus said:
    Please don't let it, because all of the happiness that they bring - and more importantly, what you can bring to them, particularly a 'rescue' dog - outweighs the grief that you feel when they go. If you miss them terribly and and are badly affected by their passing, it means that they've had a lot of love from you, and therefore a great life. 
    Call me Dave.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    DB1 said:
    axisus said:
    Please don't let it, because all of the happiness that they bring - and more importantly, what you can bring to them, particularly a 'rescue' dog - outweighs the grief that you feel when they go. If you miss them terribly and and are badly affected by their passing, it means that they've had a lot of love from you, and therefore a great life. 
    My daughters (13 & 17) are desperate for a dog, they always have been. Mrs A HATES dogs so has always flatly refused. My point above worries me about having a dog, but I would do it for my daughters. We have been working on the Mrs for a year now, I'm going for a big springtime push when the winter is over ...
  • So sorry to hear this but what a good age to get to

We also lost our 8 year old rough collie to Pancreatic cancer this week. He’d seemed normal until two weeks ago and tests them showed multiple tumours and spreading to his liver too. 

So sorry to hear this but what a good age to get to

We also lost our 8 year old rough collie to Pancreatic cancer this week. He’d seemed normal until two weeks ago and tests them showed multiple tumours and spreading to his liver too. 

I'm very sorry to hear that. There's not much comfort in saying that he was unwell for only a short period of time, but it's something, I suppose, bless him.
    Call me Dave.