Pedaltrain Tuner

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
Have we done this yet? Looks good - very small, always on, +/- 1 cent accuracy.

I'm definitely keen, though it seems slightly odd that they recommend it being used with a volume pedal's tuner out "for optimal accuracy", which seems a little odd.

https://pedaltrain.com/products/sst-space-saving-tuner

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Also interested and think others will follow with the design style.

Maybe the volume pedal is so that you're not belting out notes an amp causing feed back/ interference?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Interesting design.
    Only slightly smaller than the Polytune mini though so I probably won't.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    Perhaps the tuner out socket on a vol pedal thing is because there’s not a switch to mute your signal on the tuner...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• It's a no from me, Bob.

Bye!

• impmann said:
    Perhaps the tuner out socket on a vol pedal thing is because there’s not a switch to mute your signal on the tuner...
    Ah of course. I’d not thought of that. 

Still neat imo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Have we done this yet? Looks good - very small, always on, +/- 1 cent accuracy.

I'm definitely keen, though it seems slightly odd that they recommend it being used with a volume pedal's tuner out "for optimal accuracy", which seems a little odd.

https://pedaltrain.com/products/sst-space-saving-tuner

From the bottom picture, it looks like the actual displayed note is obscured by the output jack when viewed from above  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone tried one of these yet? I’m wondering if I could run it from the second output of my El Capistan for instance - though it says it’s buffered so hopefully would be fine inline.
  • Ahh,one of the stands at the guitar show had a bunch of these on a Special ( can't remember how much) and I meant to have a second look. If I ever build that mini board I've been threatening for two years might have been good for that. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    edited February 2019
    tone1 said:
    From the bottom picture, it looks like the actual displayed note is obscured by the output jack when viewed from above  s
    Move it closer to the front of the pedal? Or put it somewhere else on your board? Doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem.

Hmm ... if I replaced my tuner with one of those I could probably get another pedal on my board ...  smiley 

Edit: my current tuner is a dead-end from my volume pedal tuner-out anyway, so this'd work great