Played a marshall mini jubillee at the weekend, now I think I might want one!!

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
One of the shops i go in had a 2nd hand mini jubilee and 4x12 cab for sale so I had a try.

Took a little while to get the EQ how I wanted it and the push/pull stuff, but I thought it was a great sounding and versatile amp.

Presence ,mid and  treble up a bit with the rythmn clip engaged gave me those 80's rock crunch sounds that I like, and there was plenty of different shades of drive between halfway to full on the gain pot, probably a smuch as I'd ever need.
And engaging the lead channel gave me the porential to have a lead boost too!!

I was impressed!! It's not a jcm800 with a ts9 in front but it might be close enough for my needs!!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I think there are a few of us who have been saying something similar for a while now  ;)

The mini Jube is a fantastic choice for the average pub-gigger who like 80s tones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Amen gents - one of Marshall's best
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Great amps. I never used to like rhythm clip but it's really growing on me recently, bet less compression and more of a standard 800 tone. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Told you!

Bang a Suhr KOKO Boost in front and off you go ;)
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Analogman KoT is alright too  ;)

Rhythm clip works for me and I use the boost for solos as Marshall intended. It's a great amp and the perfect volume for pubs.

I really can't understand why more people aren't using them!