Barefaced AVD guitar cabs - not open backed, not closed back, not even ported; but something new!

What's Hot

Comments

• BarefacedAudioBarefacedAudio Frets: 34
    tFB Trader
    sgosden said:
    Looks really cool, and in a climate where downsizing and portability is becoming more important this could be ideal for people. 

Are you going to be at Birmingham guitar show in Feb?
    Sadly not! Is the Birmingham show viable for hearing what cabs sound like? The bass show we did was an utter cacophony and despite wearing earplugs throughout I had tinnitus for about 3 months...
    For what it's worth...I bought my Matrix NL212 from them based on the show. Mainly because my only concerns were:

- Loud enough?
    - Sound like a guitar cab with my ear next to it?
    - Lightweight?

All of those things were easy to figure out at the show. No, I couldn't get any detailed audio out of it, but that wasn't the end of the world for me.
    We're doing a one month free trial for now for UK customers - so if you buy it on a credit card, try it for a few weeks and then return it (in as-new condition) before you get your credit card bill for that month, you can use it properly (on home, rehearsals, gigs) without it costing anything or tying up any of your own money. If you're debit cards only then we'd be sitting on your money whilst you have the cab but you'd still got the lot back, including our return shipping charge once we have a perfect cab back in our hands.

Of course the real risk is that you wouldn't want to send it back! ;-) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Thanks for the info!

So, I think what I’ve learned is that I should hide my keyboard player behind a wall of 4x12s! Result!  
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Trude said:
    Thanks for the info!

So, I think what I’ve learned is that I should hide my keyboard player behind a wall of 4x12s! Result!  
    But didn't you already suspect that?! ;-)

Apologies for the multiple posts - I made them earlier and then they vanished off for approval and then reappeared in greater numbers...
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    it looks really interesting.  My only problem is that I live in the States.  I don't suppose you would be willing to ship an empty cab and then I could load it here?  Though I would like to get the 1x12 when it is available.
    tFB Trader
    PhilKing said:
    it looks really interesting.  My only problem is that I live in the States.  I don't suppose you would be willing to ship an empty cab and then I could load it here?  Though I would like to get the 1x12 when it is available.
    Living in the USA isn't a problem at all - we sell almost as many cabs in the US as the UK, and ship there every week. And amazingly, it's actually next working day delivery (unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii, that adds another day or so). That still blows my mind - FedEx collect mid-afternoon from Brighton UK and it's at a customer's door in LA the following day. (Obviously when we say 'ship' we should say 'fly'!)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I really want to get my hands on the 12" GXII cab. I've just listed a few amps on here/Reverb for sale to start funding my new smaller backline. Just wondering Alex if you've tried out a Marshall Origin 20H on these? 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    So one of these arrived on my doorstep today:

(Terry’s Chocolate Orange for size reference)

And, it sounds great! A really pleasant, undirectional, room filling sound. As you can see, its tiny and it weighs next to nothing. I tried my regular Helix/Friedman patches through it with a Duncan PS170 and I think we’re all going to get along just fine. We’re playing a wedding tomorrow night so I’ll be putting it through its paces for that.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    Nice! Is that the 10" version?
    <space for hire>
    Yup, Emi Ramrod loaded. It compares favorably to the Matrix NL212 for smaller rooms and stages ;) (just in case you were wondering)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    That's cool. Would look great with a powered Kemper too.
    simonk said:
    Yup, Emi Ramrod loaded. It compares favorably to the Matrix NL212 for smaller rooms and stages ;) (just in case you were wondering)
    Oh, you sneaky sneaky man ;)

Well, for what it's worth, there may be something interesting happening on this 'ere forum with a GX-II B (the British-flavoured 12" version). Hopefully.
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24264
    I'd like to hear the 12 inch British version with the new Marshall Studio Classic (JCM800).
    That's cool. Would look great with a powered Kemper too.
    Indeed

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 238
    simonk said:

Did the Kemper eat the Chocolate Orange?
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The cab performed superbly last night. The wedding we were playing at got pretty rowdy towards the end so I cranked everything up and it sounded great. For its size it generates a lot of volume. That was our first gig with any sort of backline for a couple of years now and it made a very pleasant change. Very pleased!
    Anyone tried the 12 inch British version?
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    PSA
    Looks like Barefaced have a sale on with these at pretty much half price (!)
    timbuk02 said:
    PSA
    Looks like Barefaced have a sale on with these at pretty much half price (!)
    Wow...£249 is a hell of a price for these.

And...pssst...if things align properly, one lucky Fretboarder might get one even cheaper than that soon...
    <space for hire>
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I'd be up for the British 12" version of this, but I don't want green tolex/black cloth!  Why they would use such a niche colour scheme without any option to change is beyond me.  Green with silver would be marginally better, but that's only for the US voiced version. 

Baffling (no pun intended)
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    ah man!

If I hadn't bought a cab already I would have tried one of those.

Bah.