Bass pedal board... all Source Audio

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
I want it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    That little performance reminds me of Doug Wimbish's solo spot during Living Colour concerts. 

I am surprised that @Bridgehouse has not yet commented in this Discussion. Classic Bridgehouse would probably disapprove of all the effects gimmickry, preferring the simplicity of Precision into Ampeg. Post-Shuker Bridgehouse might consider that pedalboard as woefully inadequate for his Les Claypool cover versions.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Keep it simple. Precision into amp. Bass, in a band situation, is too important to be messing around with FX pedals.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    Rocker said:
    Keep it simple. Precision into amp. Bass, in a band situation, is too important to be messing around with FX pedals.
    Unless you are in Muse, or Living Colour, or Talas, or even if you are playing with Paul Young.

It's not the band that is important - it's the composition itself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Rocker said:
    Bass, in a band situation, is too important to be messing around with FX pedals.
    I get where you are coming from with this assertion. Often, in a full band context, the contributions that all of those pedals are making to the bass guitar sound simply will not come across in the overall mix.  

Chris Squire, Les Claypool, Doug Wimbish, Billy Sheehan, Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham, Barry Adamson and their ilk are the exceptions that prove the general rule. In some music, the bass guitar sound IS the main thing going on. In such cases, the guitars, keyboards and horns have to play sparsely. Usually, things are the other way around.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I don't think any of those effects would find much use in my country band. Here's the rig I've been using recently:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nathan is a legend. Great player and great tones. He works for Source Audio too I believe.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    I liked that much more than I thought I would.

Needs a Reflex though. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    I still want a Reflex for my helix.

They are a bit spendy though.
  • I still want a Reflex for my helix.

They are a bit spendy though.
    Better get in there quick, because they're gonna stop making them soon. Straight from the horses mouth.

Bye!

• SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    They're not cheap, but they're solidly made and they really open up what you can do with the Helix.

Assuming you don't just want to do TS into Plexi. ;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."