Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Age related deterioration

What's Hot

Comments

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Bloody barber asked me "You still working then boss?"
    I have twice been given football tickets at the pensioner's rate without having asked. I'm 58. Saved me some money, but as the football I watch is the German 5th(-ish, regional thing) division, I'm not sure the saving in Euros is worth the affront ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    Getting up first thing in the morning is starting to sound a lot like internet dialup.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    On top of a lot of the things mentioned above, falling asleep in the armchair early evening and waking up to go to bed. Then waking up about an hour before the alarm goes off!!!
    Avoiding crowds (unless they paid to see me perform), can't stand for long periods.
    Memory fog, why did I just come in the kitchen?
    I've been on a diet and excercise type thing for several years now and I'm sure it's helped, but sometimes things just hurt.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    At 55, yes, things are failing.

Eyesight going. can't read anything without glasses.
    Onset of arthritis in hip and knee
    One calf muscle wasted away due to Jr Doctor incompetence
    shoulders have restricted movement
    arthritis in little finger
    Chest cartilage damaged for 20 years - have to be careful
    Night time cramps
    DVT four year ago
    Two blood clots SINCE THE SUMMER!

Is this the beginning of the end? Hell no! I spend 45mins in the gym before work every day, then swim over 1.3k every day also before work, 45 mins in a different gym 3 lunch breaks a week, 5k running race every weekend, 80km cross country bike rides some weekends. Swam my fastest ever 1k this year (18.54) and ran a 5k race in 21.31. Gettin' older Bring it on!!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s the spirit. Never surrender. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited December 2018
    I would be lost without my ear/nose hair trimmer.

I also need to get some sort of testicle corset, there is a certain elasticity in the ball sack that I was not ready for.
    It is most disconcerting when they bob around in the toilet when doing a poo.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brings new meaning to “skinny dipping “
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    Things may not be what they were but don't ignore anything that really shouldn't be as it is.

It's far better to have the doctor say "there's nothing wrong, just the ageing process" than "well, if you'd come here sooner we could have done something".

I speak as someone who's just had a quadruple bypass. Had I ignored the symptoms I would have had a heart attack next year and, as I live on my own, that would probably have been curtains for me.

Get things checked out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Still 12 in my head but back now use lifting belt for load ins and outs , hair sporting the Terry Nutkin look,   teeth have the great western railway in my mouth bladder cut it down to 5pints, have had prostate checked, eyesight now sporting Joe 90 look
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • At 55 I'm simply glad to be still be alive.

The way I've lived my life I was surprised to get to 40 to be honest, and even more surprised that I can remember at least a third of it.

• I'm in my 30's now and am finding it harder to burn calories as its not as forgiving eating fast food! Also knee joints aren't what they used to be, esp after playing shows they ache! Late nights take a couple of days to recover from, before I could go out 3-5 nights a week. My 40's look encouraging eh.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    I have managed tae keep all my own hair and teeth.............they are in a vanity box at the bottom of the wardrobe
    tae be or not tae be
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Once a King always a king.........but now
      Once a Night is enough
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    "I used to be a weak man."

"Well, once a week is enough for any man."

High culture, can't beat it.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    edited December 2018
    I am merely a young 38, but have felt like crap over the last few years with various minor ailments. 

I had no operations/procedures in my first 36 years, but 3 since then and am waiting for another.  Obviously all these come with multiple tests, scans and consultations.

The best one was my sinus op, when they told me afterwards that my oxygen levels had instantly increased by 10%. 

Apparently I was breathing properly for the first time in years.  I instantly felt 25 again....

Then I went out and danced like I used to.

Couldn't walk for a week

I do feel better than I have in years, but it's taken work to get there
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I'm 39 and noticing that my reactions are MUCH slower than they used to be. Its taken me 20 mins to type this, for example
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4911
    Dominic said:
    Once a King always a king.........but now
      Once a Night is enough

Mmm, I found it went from tri-weekly to try weekly, to try weakly...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 61. Overweight (was losing weight while drinking like a fish and eating like a pig until they gave me pills for being a diabetic and then the weight piled back on).

Joints (fingers thumbs wrists elbows knees ankles toes) are sore and give a sharp stab now and again.

Back twinges frequently.

Can't hear like I used to.

Can't see what I used to.

Teeth break easily.

Going bald rapidly.

Hair sprouting from ears and nose where it never used to.

Climbing the stairs is hard work.

Picking something up off the floor is hard work - both getting down to floor level and then getting back up again.

Getting into/out of a car is a pain. Why can't we have cars with door hinges at the rear end of the door??

Don't get old, folks!

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    59 and 60 next year on St Patrick's Day..
    Broke my shoulder six months ago and the bugger's not mending (no regrowth), Then got plantar fasciitis in my right foot which is painful as feck.. the resultant tottering caused me to strain one of the other knee's ligaments.. which is even more painful.
    Bugger.. I feel old. It doesn't help that every time I look in the mirror I see my father looking back at me  :s
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Had a stroke a few months ago. I'm just grateful it didn't kill me.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom