NAD - Rumble

What's Hot
BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
It's a Fender Rumble 100 v3. Yes I know it's a bass amp - but it works perfectly as a guitar amp for me live. And it is so light - 11 kilos which is about half of what my HRD weighs. It might not be the most versatile guitar amp in the world - but it does its one job for me really well (unlike the Katana which I couldn't get on with)

I might even try it for bass at some stage - but I'm enjoying it too much with guitar at the moment
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31569
    That's interesting, are you using it as a pedal platform or just going straight in? 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    That Tele is lush!
  • There is one of those in my house ( well, slightly smaller [80?] but a Rumble) but I’ve never plugged a guitar in. 
    The Rumbles are incredibly light ( lighter than my smaller Mustang combo for example) and our one has done a couple of pub gigs for bass so it’s reasonably loud.
    p90fool said:
    That's interesting, are you using it as a pedal platform or just going straight in? 
    There is a drive section, Not quite sure what that’s going to sound like with guitar. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90fool said:
    I've only had it on stage one night and I just plugged straight in - I just need something that I can use for rhythm, and the overdrive is good enough to give me a volume boost when I need it. It does seem to work for me. 
  • simonk said:
    That Tele is lush!
    Thank you. It's taken many strums for my forearm to get through that 70's poly - but the stuff on the fingerboard is kind of flaking away - I have to be careful if I'm sliding up the frets but I'm used to it. 
  • There is one of those in my house ( well, slightly smaller [80?] but a Rumble) but I’ve never plugged a guitar in. 
    The Rumbles are incredibly light ( lighter than my smaller Mustang combo for example) and our one has done a couple of pub gigs for bass so it’s reasonably loud.
    p90fool said:
    There is a drive section, Not quite sure what that’s going to sound like with guitar. 
    The drive section is a bit like the HRD drive - you need to dial in with the drive on and then let the Rumble sort itself out when you turn the drive off - but it won't suit everyone. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Lifting these is so easy, it's like an empty box and noise magically comes out of it. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    These are a real hidden star! They are excellent for guitar, modellers sound great through them too! Useful amps! 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31569
    Thank you. It's taken many strums for my forearm to get through that 70's poly - but the stuff on the fingerboard is kind of flaking away - I have to be careful if I'm sliding up the frets but I'm used to it. 
    Tell, me about it, the neck lacquer on my CBS-era Strat comes off in sheets!

http://i68.tinypic.com/24mrzhs.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, plugged into mine at low level last night for ten minutes. It's the 40 but you immediately get the 'authority' of a bigger sounding amp than a typical guitar practice amp. Not sure I was keen on the distortion but a nice clean, I thought it might be too dark but with some knob turning wasn't at all.
    It cost £100 used and it's small and light, in the highly unlikely event I ever get a jazz gig it would work! 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90fool said:
    Tell, me about it, the neck lacquer on my CBS-era Strat comes off in sheets!

http://i68.tinypic.com/24mrzhs.jpg
    That is exactly what happened to mine. I think (hope) it has stabilised now and I've smoothed it with wire wool.